About Brunswick, MD
Brunswick, MD is located in Frederick County in the state of Maryland.
The total City Population for Brunswick is about 7,578 with about 750 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $275,294, which is roughly 19% lower than the Average Home Value of $338,256 for the state of Maryland, and roughly 21% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $96,659, which is roughly 0% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $97,112 for the state of Maryland, and roughly 33% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.59
Male Population Estimate: 51.8%
Female Population Estimate: 48.2%
Median Age: 37
Male Median Age: 37.5
Female Median Age: 39.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Chris Van Hollen
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Brunswick specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Frederick County: About 2.23468 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Frederick County: About 249.441 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Frederick County is about 43% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 13% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Brunswick is about 7.4%.
Maryland is ranked #16 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 62.03 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 58.21
The average living wage for the state of Maryland is $35.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.75/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maryland a minimum wage score of 58.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.63/hr, which gives Maryland a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 10.92 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maryland is $270.58, resulting in a UI benefit score of 64.06 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Maryland does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maryland does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maryland does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maryland does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maryland does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maryland does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maryland does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maryland does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maryland does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maryland does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maryland does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maryland does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maryland does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maryland does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Maryland does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maryland does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maryland does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maryland does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Knoxville, MD ( 2.17 mi. )
- Lovettsville, VA ( 3.20 mi. )
- Brownsville, MD ( 4.58 mi. )
- Inspection Service Forensic, VA ( 4.75 mi. )
- Stamp Distribution Network, VA ( 4.75 mi. )
- Burkittsville, MD ( 5.13 mi. )
- Jefferson, MD ( 5.58 mi. )
- Pt Of Rocks, MD ( 5.72 mi. )
- Point of Rocks, MD ( 5.83 mi. )
- Gapland, MD ( 6.07 mi. )
- Harpers Ferry, WV ( 6.20 mi. )
- Bolivar, WV ( 6.76 mi. )
- Doubs, MD ( 7.40 mi. )
- Bakerton, WV ( 7.98 mi. )
- Rohrersville, MD ( 8.35 mi. )
- Adamstown, MD ( 8.37 mi. )
- Lucketts, VA ( 8.57 mi. )
- Millville, WV ( 8.73 mi. )
- Waterford, VA ( 9.15 mi. )
- Halltown, WV ( 9.22 mi. )
- Blair, WV ( 9.25 mi. )
- Tuscarora, MD ( 9.30 mi. )
- Braddock Heights, MD ( 9.34 mi. )
- Braddock Hts, MD ( 9.50 mi. )
- Park Hall, MD ( 9.54 mi. )
- Hillsboro, VA ( 9.78 mi. )
- Middletown, MD ( 9.80 mi. )
- Clifton, MD ( 10.28 mi. )
- Buckeystown, MD ( 10.56 mi. )
- Shendoah Jct, WV ( 11.55 mi. )
- Shenandoah Junction, WV ( 11.59 mi. )
- Paeonian Springs, VA ( 11.65 mi. )
- Dulles, VA ( 11.67 mi. )
- Sharpsburg, MD ( 11.71 mi. )
- Forrester Center, WV ( 12.18 mi. )
- Keedysville, MD ( 12.28 mi. )
- Shepherdstown, WV ( 12.39 mi. )
- Dickerson, MD ( 12.70 mi. )
- Hamilton, VA ( 12.81 mi. )
- Ranson, WV ( 12.90 mi. )
- Charles Town, WV ( 13.06 mi. )
- Boonsboro, MD ( 13.22 mi. )
- State Farm Ins Co, MD ( 13.25 mi. )
- Purcellville, VA ( 13.26 mi. )
- Myersville, MD ( 13.34 mi. )
- Frederick, MD ( 13.82 mi. )
- Lincoln, VA ( 14.48 mi. )
- Barnesville, MD ( 14.72 mi. )
- Kearneysville, WV ( 14.72 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 21716, 21758 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 379.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 240, 301