About Whitneyville, ME
Whitneyville, ME is located in Washington County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Whitneyville is about 185 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $108,071, which is roughly 45% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 50% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $48,000, which is roughly 20% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 26% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.11
Male Population Estimate: 51.4%
Female Population Estimate: 48.6%
Median Age: 42.6
Male Median Age: 40.9
Female Median Age: 43.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Whitneyville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Washington County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Washington County: About 122.821 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Washington County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 57% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Whitneyville is about 4.5%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Marshfield, ME ( 2.68 mi. )
- Machias, ME ( 4.16 mi. )
- Day Block Twp, ME ( 5.07 mi. )
- Jonesboro, ME ( 5.39 mi. )
- East Machias, ME ( 6.10 mi. )
- Roque Bluffs, ME ( 7.12 mi. )
- Centerville, ME ( 7.77 mi. )
- Machiasport, ME ( 7.83 mi. )
- Northfield, ME ( 8.24 mi. )
- Bucks Harbor, ME ( 9.00 mi. )
- Columbia Fls, ME ( 9.58 mi. )
- Columbia Falls, ME ( 10.02 mi. )
- Jonesport, ME ( 11.63 mi. )
- Whiting, ME ( 13.51 mi. )
- Addison, ME ( 13.71 mi. )
- Wesley, ME ( 14.51 mi. )
- Columbia, ME ( 14.83 mi. )
- Cutler, ME ( 15.16 mi. )
- Edmunds Twp, ME ( 15.22 mi. )
- Marion Twp, ME ( 15.22 mi. )
- Beals, ME ( 17.07 mi. )
- Harrington, ME ( 17.30 mi. )
- Cooper, ME ( 18.93 mi. )
- Dennysville, ME ( 19.34 mi. )
- Cathance Twp, ME ( 20.25 mi. )
- Trescott Twp, ME ( 20.76 mi. )
- Crawford, ME ( 21.19 mi. )
- Cherryfield, ME ( 21.38 mi. )
- Milbridge, ME ( 21.61 mi. )
- Pembroke, ME ( 22.63 mi. )
- Deblois, ME ( 22.68 mi. )
- Meddybemps, ME ( 22.94 mi. )
- Charlotte, ME ( 23.06 mi. )
- Beddington, ME ( 24.47 mi. )
- Lubec, ME ( 24.72 mi. )
- Alexander, ME ( 24.76 mi. )
- Steuben, ME ( 25.76 mi. )
- Pleasant Pt, ME ( 26.62 mi. )
- Perry, ME ( 26.78 mi. )
- Baring Plt, ME ( 27.78 mi. )
- Woodland Washington County, ME ( 27.78 mi. )
- Eastport, ME ( 27.85 mi. )
- Robbinston, ME ( 29.21 mi. )
- S Gouldsboro, ME ( 30.56 mi. )
- Princeton, ME ( 31.01 mi. )
- Baileyville, ME ( 31.26 mi. )
- Big Lake Twp, ME ( 31.52 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chop, ME ( 31.52 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chopping Twp, ME ( 31.52 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04654
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 179.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207