About Wallagrass, ME
Wallagrass, ME is located in Aroostook County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Wallagrass is about 523 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $145,337, which is roughly 26% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 33% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $52,946, which is roughly 12% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 19% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.24
Male Population Estimate: 53.5%
Female Population Estimate: 46.5%
Median Age: 43.9
Male Median Age: 46.9
Female Median Age: 47.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Wallagrass specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Aroostook County: About 2.72019 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Aroostook County: About 120.427 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Aroostook County is about 31% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 58% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Wallagrass is about 0.5%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Soldier Pond, ME ( 2.62 mi. )
- St John Plt, ME ( 3.92 mi. )
- New Canada, ME ( 5.92 mi. )
- Eagle Lake, ME ( 6.39 mi. )
- Ft Kent Mls, ME ( 6.48 mi. )
- Fort Kent Mills, ME ( 6.50 mi. )
- Fort Kent, ME ( 6.83 mi. )
- Winterville Plt, ME ( 9.21 mi. )
- Wntervlle Plt, ME ( 9.21 mi. )
- Saint Francis, ME ( 12.23 mi. )
- Quimby, ME ( 13.03 mi. )
- Upper Frenchville, ME ( 13.19 mi. )
- Frenchville, ME ( 13.81 mi. )
- Upper Frnchvl, ME ( 14.30 mi. )
- Saint Agatha, ME ( 16.21 mi. )
- Sinclair, ME ( 17.01 mi. )
- Cross Lake Twp, ME ( 18.44 mi. )
- Cross Lke Twp, ME ( 18.44 mi. )
- Madawaska, ME ( 20.41 mi. )
- Allagash, ME ( 21.93 mi. )
- Westmanland, ME ( 22.08 mi. )
- Saint David, ME ( 22.84 mi. )
- Grand Isle, ME ( 24.51 mi. )
- Stockholm, ME ( 24.66 mi. )
- Portage Lake, ME ( 25.78 mi. )
- Lille, ME ( 26.03 mi. )
- Perham, ME ( 26.16 mi. )
- New Sweden, ME ( 26.84 mi. )
- Portage, ME ( 27.72 mi. )
- Van Buren, ME ( 29.38 mi. )
- Estcourt Station, ME ( 30.19 mi. )
- Woodland, ME ( 30.29 mi. )
- Wade, ME ( 30.95 mi. )
- Connor Twp, ME ( 31.95 mi. )
- Cyr Plt, ME ( 33.10 mi. )
- Garfield Plt, ME ( 33.31 mi. )
- Nashville Plt, ME ( 33.31 mi. )
- Washburn, ME ( 34.56 mi. )
- Sheridan, ME ( 35.67 mi. )
- Hamlin, ME ( 35.73 mi. )
- Caribou, ME ( 35.92 mi. )
- Castle Hill, ME ( 36.06 mi. )
- Ashland, ME ( 36.37 mi. )
- Crouseville, ME ( 37.15 mi. )
- Defense Finance Accounting, ME ( 37.40 mi. )
- Caswell, ME ( 37.63 mi. )
- Loring Cm Ctr, ME ( 38.50 mi. )
- Mapleton, ME ( 39.23 mi. )
- Limestone, ME ( 39.81 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04781
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 876.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207