About Vanceboro, ME
Vanceboro, ME is located in Washington County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Vanceboro is about 162 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $98,170, which is roughly 50% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 55% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $48,125, which is roughly 20% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 26% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.33
Male Population Estimate: 52.5%
Female Population Estimate: 47.5%
Median Age: 58.4
Male Median Age: 43.3
Female Median Age: 51.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Vanceboro specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Washington County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Washington County: About 122.821 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Washington County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 57% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Vanceboro is about 7.7%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Lambert Lake, ME ( 2.91 mi. )
- Forest City Twp, ME ( 9.57 mi. )
- Forest Twp, ME ( 9.57 mi. )
- Frst City Twp, ME ( 9.57 mi. )
- Brookton, ME ( 14.43 mi. )
- Waite, ME ( 16.03 mi. )
- Codyville Plt, ME ( 17.17 mi. )
- Topsfield, ME ( 17.28 mi. )
- Danforth, ME ( 18.36 mi. )
- Talmadge, ME ( 21.08 mi. )
- Weston, ME ( 22.28 mi. )
- Orient, ME ( 25.70 mi. )
- Grand Lake Stream, ME ( 25.75 mi. )
- Bancroft, ME ( 26.26 mi. )
- Big Lake Twp, ME ( 26.32 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chop, ME ( 26.32 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chopping Twp, ME ( 26.32 mi. )
- Indian Twp, ME ( 26.32 mi. )
- Baileyville, ME ( 26.40 mi. )
- Princeton, ME ( 26.62 mi. )
- Cary Plt, ME ( 28.59 mi. )
- Drew Plt, ME ( 29.41 mi. )
- Glenwood Plt, ME ( 29.41 mi. )
- Reed Plt, ME ( 29.41 mi. )
- Wytopitlock, ME ( 29.76 mi. )
- Baring Plt, ME ( 29.82 mi. )
- Woodland Washington County, ME ( 29.82 mi. )
- Haynesville, ME ( 29.97 mi. )
- Grand Lk Strm, ME ( 30.16 mi. )
- Amity, ME ( 30.36 mi. )
- North Amity, ME ( 31.54 mi. )
- Calais, ME ( 31.76 mi. )
- Carroll Plt, ME ( 32.68 mi. )
- Prentiss Twp, ME ( 32.68 mi. )
- Webster Plt, ME ( 32.68 mi. )
- Alexander, ME ( 32.71 mi. )
- Kingman Twp, ME ( 34.49 mi. )
- Macwahoc Plt, ME ( 34.49 mi. )
- Kingman, ME ( 35.26 mi. )
- Springfield, ME ( 35.57 mi. )
- Lakeville, ME ( 35.65 mi. )
- Meddybemps, ME ( 36.42 mi. )
- Crawford, ME ( 36.70 mi. )
- Robbinston, ME ( 37.24 mi. )
- Cathance Twp, ME ( 38.21 mi. )
- Hodgdon, ME ( 38.21 mi. )
- Charlotte, ME ( 39.00 mi. )
- Cooper, ME ( 39.10 mi. )
- Mattawamkeag, ME ( 40.58 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04491
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 420.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207