About Topsfield, ME
Topsfield, ME is located in Washington County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Topsfield is about 203 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $97,032, which is roughly 51% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 55% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $54,375, which is roughly 9% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 16% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.44
Male Population Estimate: 49.8%
Female Population Estimate: 50.2%
Median Age: 56.9
Male Median Age: 47.5
Female Median Age: 50.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Topsfield specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Washington County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Washington County: About 122.821 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Washington County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 57% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Codyville Plt, ME ( 1.40 mi. )
- Brookton, ME ( 6.15 mi. )
- Talmadge, ME ( 7.29 mi. )
- Waite, ME ( 9.42 mi. )
- Forest City Twp, ME ( 12.14 mi. )
- Forest Twp, ME ( 12.14 mi. )
- Frst City Twp, ME ( 12.14 mi. )
- Danforth, ME ( 13.05 mi. )
- Grand Lake Stream, ME ( 14.31 mi. )
- Lambert Lake, ME ( 14.40 mi. )
- Carroll Plt, ME ( 15.75 mi. )
- Prentiss Twp, ME ( 15.75 mi. )
- Webster Plt, ME ( 15.75 mi. )
- Vanceboro, ME ( 17.28 mi. )
- Grand Lk Strm, ME ( 18.11 mi. )
- Lakeville, ME ( 18.39 mi. )
- Springfield, ME ( 18.74 mi. )
- Wytopitlock, ME ( 19.66 mi. )
- Kingman Twp, ME ( 20.17 mi. )
- Macwahoc Plt, ME ( 20.17 mi. )
- Weston, ME ( 20.18 mi. )
- Bancroft, ME ( 20.19 mi. )
- Big Lake Twp, ME ( 20.65 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chop, ME ( 20.65 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chopping Twp, ME ( 20.65 mi. )
- Indian Twp, ME ( 20.65 mi. )
- Kingman, ME ( 21.41 mi. )
- Princeton, ME ( 21.58 mi. )
- Drew Plt, ME ( 21.79 mi. )
- Glenwood Plt, ME ( 21.79 mi. )
- Reed Plt, ME ( 21.79 mi. )
- Baileyville, ME ( 24.67 mi. )
- Lee, ME ( 25.00 mi. )
- Winn, ME ( 26.42 mi. )
- Mattawamkeag, ME ( 26.43 mi. )
- Orient, ME ( 26.45 mi. )
- Molunkus Twp, ME ( 26.96 mi. )
- Baring Plt, ME ( 27.03 mi. )
- Woodland Washington County, ME ( 27.03 mi. )
- Haynesville, ME ( 27.14 mi. )
- Alexander, ME ( 28.80 mi. )
- Crawford, ME ( 29.90 mi. )
- Cary Plt, ME ( 30.87 mi. )
- Burlington, ME ( 32.08 mi. )
- Amity, ME ( 32.70 mi. )
- Woodville, ME ( 32.72 mi. )
- Lincoln, ME ( 33.03 mi. )
- Lincoln Ctr, ME ( 33.28 mi. )
- Mattamisc Twp, ME ( 33.28 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04490
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 455.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207