About Starks, ME
Starks, ME is located in Somerset County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Starks is about 439 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $101,759, which is roughly 48% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 53% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $45,625, which is roughly 24% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 30% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.36
Male Population Estimate: 51.7%
Female Population Estimate: 48.3%
Median Age: 51.1
Male Median Age: 43.5
Female Median Age: 43.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Starks specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Somerset County: About 2.80427 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Somerset County: About 136.46 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Somerset County is about 29% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 53% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Starks is about 14%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Industry, ME ( 5.01 mi. )
- Mercer, ME ( 5.65 mi. )
- Anson, ME ( 6.47 mi. )
- Norridgewock, ME ( 6.86 mi. )
- New Sharon, ME ( 7.26 mi. )
- North Anson, ME ( 8.92 mi. )
- New Vineyard, ME ( 9.11 mi. )
- Madison, ME ( 9.69 mi. )
- Smithfield, ME ( 10.06 mi. )
- Farmington Falls, ME ( 10.11 mi. )
- Farmingtn Fls, ME ( 10.15 mi. )
- Farmington, ME ( 10.22 mi. )
- N New Portlnd, ME ( 10.73 mi. )
- West Farmington, ME ( 11.25 mi. )
- W Farmington, ME ( 11.28 mi. )
- Rome, ME ( 11.90 mi. )
- Embden, ME ( 12.93 mi. )
- New Portland, ME ( 12.97 mi. )
- Strong, ME ( 12.97 mi. )
- North New Portland, ME ( 13.36 mi. )
- Vienna, ME ( 13.41 mi. )
- Skowhegan, ME ( 14.09 mi. )
- East Wilton, ME ( 14.52 mi. )
- Chesterville, ME ( 14.74 mi. )
- Belgrade Lakes, ME ( 14.96 mi. )
- Freeman Twp, ME ( 15.22 mi. )
- Salem Twp, ME ( 15.22 mi. )
- Fairfield, ME ( 15.28 mi. )
- Solon, ME ( 15.92 mi. )
- Cornville, ME ( 16.07 mi. )
- Hinckley, ME ( 16.10 mi. )
- Temple, ME ( 16.37 mi. )
- Oakland, ME ( 16.38 mi. )
- Dryden, ME ( 16.42 mi. )
- Wilton, ME ( 16.81 mi. )
- Belgrade Lks, ME ( 16.82 mi. )
- Perkins Twp, ME ( 17.06 mi. )
- Avon, ME ( 17.93 mi. )
- Belgrade, ME ( 17.96 mi. )
- Mt Vernon, ME ( 18.28 mi. )
- Carrying Place Town Twp, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- Caryng Pl Twp, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- Dead River Twp, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- Dead Rvr Twp, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- Highland Plt, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- Lexington Twp, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- N New Portland, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- Pierce Pond, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
- Pierce Pond Twp, ME ( 18.38 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04911
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 389.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207