About Sebec, ME
Sebec, ME is located in Piscataquis County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Sebec is about 521 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $168,717, which is roughly 5% lower than the Average Home Value of $177,874 for the state of Maine, and roughly 11% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $62,917, which is roughly 14% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $53,830 for the state of Maine, and roughly 9% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.28
Male Population Estimate: 47.2%
Female Population Estimate: 52.8%
Median Age: 50
Male Median Age: 49.9
Female Median Age: 48.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Sebec specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Piscataquis County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Piscataquis County: About 118.085 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Piscataquis County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 59% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Sebec is about 5.2%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Dover Foxcroft, ME ( 4.90 mi. )
- Dovr Foxcroft, ME ( 4.90 mi. )
- Dvr Foxcroft, ME ( 4.90 mi. )
- Milo, ME ( 6.01 mi. )
- Derby, ME ( 6.04 mi. )
- Atkinson, ME ( 6.13 mi. )
- Brownville Junction, ME ( 7.68 mi. )
- Brownvlle Jct, ME ( 7.82 mi. )
- Bowerbank, ME ( 9.05 mi. )
- Brownville, ME ( 9.24 mi. )
- Barnard Twp, ME ( 11.03 mi. )
- Ebeemee Twp, ME ( 11.03 mi. )
- Wiliamsbg Twp, ME ( 11.03 mi. )
- Williamsburg Twp, ME ( 11.03 mi. )
- Lake View Plt, ME ( 11.49 mi. )
- Orneville Twp, ME ( 11.49 mi. )
- Guilford, ME ( 12.19 mi. )
- Medford, ME ( 12.22 mi. )
- Charleston, ME ( 12.36 mi. )
- Sangerville, ME ( 12.68 mi. )
- Garland, ME ( 13.29 mi. )
- Willimantic, ME ( 13.98 mi. )
- Bradford, ME ( 14.37 mi. )
- Eliotsvle Twp, ME ( 14.45 mi. )
- Elliottsville Twp, ME ( 14.45 mi. )
- Lagrange, ME ( 15.36 mi. )
- Dexter, ME ( 16.54 mi. )
- East Corinth, ME ( 17.06 mi. )
- Maxfield, ME ( 17.39 mi. )
- Abbot, ME ( 18.39 mi. )
- Corinth, ME ( 18.69 mi. )
- Parkman, ME ( 18.82 mi. )
- Exeter, ME ( 19.30 mi. )
- Seboeis Plt, ME ( 19.30 mi. )
- Monson, ME ( 19.65 mi. )
- Howland, ME ( 19.69 mi. )
- Hudson, ME ( 20.10 mi. )
- Moody, ME ( 20.49 mi. )
- Edinburg, ME ( 20.84 mi. )
- Alton, ME ( 21.36 mi. )
- Corinna, ME ( 21.58 mi. )
- Ripley, ME ( 21.62 mi. )
- Cambridge, ME ( 21.73 mi. )
- Blanchard Twp, ME ( 22.00 mi. )
- West Enfield, ME ( 22.10 mi. )
- Argyle Twp, ME ( 23.87 mi. )
- Indian Island, ME ( 23.87 mi. )
- Kenduskeag, ME ( 24.16 mi. )
- Levant, ME ( 25.16 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04481
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 576.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207