North Windham's Livability
About North Windham, ME
North Windham, ME is located in Cumberland County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for North Windham is about 5,395 with about 324 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $238,797, which is roughly 26% higher than the Average Home Value of $177,874 for the state of Maine, and roughly 21% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $85,000, which is roughly 37% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $53,830 for the state of Maine, and roughly 32% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.54
Male Population Estimate: 45.3%
Female Population Estimate: 54.7%
Median Age: 42.7
Male Median Age: 39.1
Female Median Age: 41.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of North Windham specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cumberland County: About 1.08037 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cumberland County: About 128.346 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cumberland County is about 73% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 55% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for North Windham is about 1%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Windham, ME ( 2.10 mi. )
- N Windham, ME ( 2.48 mi. )
- No Windham, ME ( 2.48 mi. )
- Frye Island, ME ( 4.76 mi. )
- South Windham, ME ( 5.90 mi. )
- Gray, ME ( 5.97 mi. )
- Sebago Lake, ME ( 6.45 mi. )
- Raymond, ME ( 7.29 mi. )
- Standish, ME ( 7.52 mi. )
- South Casco, ME ( 7.70 mi. )
- Cumberlnd Ctr, ME ( 8.31 mi. )
- Gorham, ME ( 8.40 mi. )
- Cumberland, ME ( 8.79 mi. )
- Cumberland Center, ME ( 8.90 mi. )
- Falmouth, ME ( 8.98 mi. )
- Westbrook, ME ( 9.60 mi. )
- North Yarmouth, ME ( 9.80 mi. )
- N Yarmouth, ME ( 10.01 mi. )
- Steep Falls, ME ( 10.13 mi. )
- East Sebago, ME ( 10.70 mi. )
- Casco, ME ( 10.78 mi. )
- New Gloucestr, ME ( 11.67 mi. )
- New Gloucester, ME ( 11.77 mi. )
- Cumberland Foreside, ME ( 12.12 mi. )
- East Baldwin, ME ( 12.19 mi. )
- Cumb Foreside, ME ( 12.25 mi. )
- Falmouth Foreside, ME ( 12.30 mi. )
- Sebago, ME ( 12.48 mi. )
- E Sebago, ME ( 12.51 mi. )
- Portland, ME ( 12.79 mi. )
- Yarmouth, ME ( 12.95 mi. )
- Pownal, ME ( 13.39 mi. )
- Buxton, ME ( 13.58 mi. )
- Naples, ME ( 13.72 mi. )
- West Buxton, ME ( 13.84 mi. )
- Union Mutual Life Ins, ME ( 14.14 mi. )
- Poland Spring, ME ( 14.55 mi. )
- West Poland, ME ( 14.67 mi. )
- Limington, ME ( 14.91 mi. )
- South Portland, ME ( 15.00 mi. )
- S Portland, ME ( 15.04 mi. )
- So Portland, ME ( 15.04 mi. )
- Poland, ME ( 15.52 mi. )
- Danville, ME ( 15.65 mi. )
- Bar Mills, ME ( 15.71 mi. )
- Peaks Island, ME ( 15.92 mi. )
- South Freeport, ME ( 15.93 mi. )
- Scarborough, ME ( 16.32 mi. )
- Long Island, ME ( 16.34 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04062
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 231.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207