N Yarmouth's Livability
About N Yarmouth, ME
N Yarmouth, ME is located in Cumberland County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for N Yarmouth is about 3,574 with about 168 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $325,400, which is roughly 40% higher than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 33% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $110,500, which is roughly 46% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 41% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.74
Male Population Estimate: 48.5%
Female Population Estimate: 51.5%
Median Age: 42.5
Male Median Age: 42.4
Female Median Age: 42.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of N Yarmouth specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cumberland County: About 1.08037 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cumberland County: About 128.346 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cumberland County is about 73% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 55% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for N Yarmouth is about 3.1%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- North Yarmouth, ME ( 0.48 mi. )
- Pownal, ME ( 3.85 mi. )
- Cumberland Center, ME ( 4.24 mi. )
- Cumberlnd Ctr, ME ( 4.49 mi. )
- Cumberland, ME ( 4.62 mi. )
- Yarmouth, ME ( 5.18 mi. )
- Gray, ME ( 6.10 mi. )
- Cumberland Foreside, ME ( 6.33 mi. )
- Ll Bean Co, ME ( 6.49 mi. )
- Freeport, ME ( 6.63 mi. )
- South Freeport, ME ( 6.74 mi. )
- Cumb Foreside, ME ( 6.87 mi. )
- New Gloucester, ME ( 7.95 mi. )
- Falmouth, ME ( 7.99 mi. )
- New Gloucestr, ME ( 8.17 mi. )
- Falmouth Foreside, ME ( 8.55 mi. )
- Durham, ME ( 9.00 mi. )
- Bustins Is, ME ( 9.01 mi. )
- S Freeport, ME ( 9.01 mi. )
- Bustins Island, ME ( 9.14 mi. )
- Windham, ME ( 9.49 mi. )
- N Windham, ME ( 9.69 mi. )
- No Windham, ME ( 9.69 mi. )
- North Windham, ME ( 10.01 mi. )
- Chebeague Is, ME ( 10.34 mi. )
- Chebeague Island, ME ( 10.71 mi. )
- Danville, ME ( 11.45 mi. )
- Long Island, ME ( 12.12 mi. )
- Raymond, ME ( 12.15 mi. )
- South Windham, ME ( 12.56 mi. )
- Portland, ME ( 12.61 mi. )
- Westbrook, ME ( 12.71 mi. )
- Cliff Island, ME ( 12.90 mi. )
- Pejepscot, ME ( 12.98 mi. )
- Brunswick, ME ( 13.17 mi. )
- Peaks Island, ME ( 13.17 mi. )
- Birch Island, ME ( 13.25 mi. )
- Mere Point, ME ( 13.25 mi. )
- Nas Brunswick, ME ( 13.25 mi. )
- Poland Spring, ME ( 13.29 mi. )
- South Harpswell, ME ( 13.57 mi. )
- Union Mutual Life Ins, ME ( 13.61 mi. )
- Lisbon Falls, ME ( 13.63 mi. )
- Lisbon, ME ( 13.67 mi. )
- Frye Island, ME ( 14.20 mi. )
- Cushing Is, ME ( 14.24 mi. )
- Cushing Island, ME ( 14.24 mi. )
- Diamond Cove, ME ( 14.24 mi. )
- Diamond Is, ME ( 14.24 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04097
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 126.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207