About Lowell, ME
Lowell, ME is located in Penobscot County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Lowell is about 402 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $137,580, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 37% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $59,063, which is roughly 1% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 9% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.44
Male Population Estimate: 47%
Female Population Estimate: 53%
Median Age: 57.2
Male Median Age: 44.8
Female Median Age: 46.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Lowell specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Penobscot County: About 1.59403 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Penobscot County: About 86.2511 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Penobscot County is about 60% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 70% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Lowell is about 4.9%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Passadumkeag, ME ( 5.16 mi. )
- Burlington, ME ( 5.61 mi. )
- Enfield, ME ( 5.70 mi. )
- West Enfield, ME ( 7.84 mi. )
- Olamon, ME ( 8.87 mi. )
- Lincoln, ME ( 9.56 mi. )
- Edinburg, ME ( 10.17 mi. )
- Howland, ME ( 10.45 mi. )
- Seboeis Plt, ME ( 10.50 mi. )
- Greenbush, ME ( 10.68 mi. )
- Lincoln Center, ME ( 11.68 mi. )
- Greenfield Twp, ME ( 12.19 mi. )
- Greenfld Twp, ME ( 12.19 mi. )
- Cardville, ME ( 12.37 mi. )
- Maxfield, ME ( 13.95 mi. )
- Lee, ME ( 14.44 mi. )
- Chester, ME ( 14.69 mi. )
- Lincoln Ctr, ME ( 14.79 mi. )
- Mattamisc Twp, ME ( 14.79 mi. )
- Mattamiscontis Twp, ME ( 14.79 mi. )
- Lagrange, ME ( 15.71 mi. )
- Costigan, ME ( 15.92 mi. )
- Milford, ME ( 16.89 mi. )
- Winn, ME ( 18.10 mi. )
- Argyle Twp, ME ( 18.10 mi. )
- Indian Island, ME ( 18.10 mi. )
- Medford, ME ( 18.16 mi. )
- Alton, ME ( 18.30 mi. )
- Lake View Plt, ME ( 19.15 mi. )
- Orneville Twp, ME ( 19.15 mi. )
- Lakeville, ME ( 19.59 mi. )
- Springfield, ME ( 19.93 mi. )
- Great Pond, ME ( 20.26 mi. )
- Woodville, ME ( 21.28 mi. )
- Old Town, ME ( 21.79 mi. )
- Bradford, ME ( 22.10 mi. )
- Carroll Plt, ME ( 22.51 mi. )
- Prentiss Twp, ME ( 22.51 mi. )
- Webster Plt, ME ( 22.51 mi. )
- Bradley, ME ( 23.23 mi. )
- Stillwater, ME ( 23.41 mi. )
- University Of Maine, ME ( 23.50 mi. )
- Derby, ME ( 23.76 mi. )
- Milo, ME ( 24.05 mi. )
- Molunkus Twp, ME ( 24.35 mi. )
- Mattawamkeag, ME ( 24.39 mi. )
- Hudson, ME ( 24.41 mi. )
- Orono, ME ( 25.39 mi. )
- Amherst, ME ( 25.61 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04493
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 187.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207