About Lagrange, ME
Lagrange, ME is located in Penobscot County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Lagrange is about 649 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $105,385, which is roughly 41% lower than the Average Home Value of $177,874 for the state of Maine, and roughly 44% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $32,727, which is roughly 39% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $53,830 for the state of Maine, and roughly 43% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.39
Male Population Estimate: 53.8%
Female Population Estimate: 46.2%
Median Age: 42.2
Male Median Age: 43.2
Female Median Age: 41.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Lagrange specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Penobscot County: About 1.59403 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Penobscot County: About 86.2511 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Penobscot County is about 60% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 70% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Lagrange is about 3.3%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Edinburg, ME ( 5.75 mi. )
- Seboeis Plt, ME ( 6.42 mi. )
- Bradford, ME ( 7.33 mi. )
- Medford, ME ( 7.84 mi. )
- Howland, ME ( 8.17 mi. )
- Lake View Plt, ME ( 8.71 mi. )
- Orneville Twp, ME ( 8.71 mi. )
- Alton, ME ( 8.89 mi. )
- West Enfield, ME ( 9.27 mi. )
- Maxfield, ME ( 9.45 mi. )
- Derby, ME ( 9.67 mi. )
- Olamon, ME ( 10.10 mi. )
- Milo, ME ( 10.75 mi. )
- Passadumkeag, ME ( 10.79 mi. )
- Argyle Twp, ME ( 10.95 mi. )
- Indian Island, ME ( 10.95 mi. )
- Atkinson, ME ( 12.23 mi. )
- Greenbush, ME ( 12.29 mi. )
- Hudson, ME ( 12.33 mi. )
- Cardville, ME ( 12.74 mi. )
- Enfield, ME ( 12.86 mi. )
- Charleston, ME ( 12.92 mi. )
- Costigan, ME ( 13.45 mi. )
- Sebec, ME ( 15.36 mi. )
- East Corinth, ME ( 15.53 mi. )
- Old Town, ME ( 15.61 mi. )
- Lowell, ME ( 15.71 mi. )
- Corinth, ME ( 16.29 mi. )
- Brownville, ME ( 16.50 mi. )
- Greenfield Twp, ME ( 16.51 mi. )
- Greenfld Twp, ME ( 16.51 mi. )
- Milford, ME ( 17.25 mi. )
- Brownvlle Jct, ME ( 17.37 mi. )
- Brownville Junction, ME ( 17.39 mi. )
- Glenburn, ME ( 18.07 mi. )
- Kenduskeag, ME ( 18.35 mi. )
- Barnard Twp, ME ( 18.53 mi. )
- Ebeemee Twp, ME ( 18.53 mi. )
- Wiliamsbg Twp, ME ( 18.53 mi. )
- Williamsburg Twp, ME ( 18.53 mi. )
- Stillwater, ME ( 18.82 mi. )
- Garland, ME ( 18.83 mi. )
- University Of Maine, ME ( 19.57 mi. )
- Orono, ME ( 19.89 mi. )
- Dover Foxcroft, ME ( 19.96 mi. )
- Dovr Foxcroft, ME ( 19.96 mi. )
- Dvr Foxcroft, ME ( 19.96 mi. )
- Exeter, ME ( 21.29 mi. )
- Burlington, ME ( 21.31 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04453
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 353.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207