Fort Kent Mills' Livability
About Fort Kent Mills, ME
Fort Kent Mills, ME is located in Aroostook County in the state of Maine.
The total population for Aroostook County is about 1,317 with about 45 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $108,801 for Aroostook County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $177,874 for the state of Maine, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $53,830 for the state of Maine, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Fort Kent Mills specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Aroostook County: About 2.72019 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Aroostook County: About 120.427 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Aroostook County is about 31% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 58% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Ft Kent Mls, ME ( 0.00 mi. )
- Fort Kent, ME ( 1.23 mi. )
- Soldier Pond, ME ( 5.72 mi. )
- Wallagrass, ME ( 6.50 mi. )
- New Canada, ME ( 7.06 mi. )
- Upper Frenchville, ME ( 7.99 mi. )
- Frenchville, ME ( 8.97 mi. )
- Upper Frnchvl, ME ( 9.43 mi. )
- St John Plt, ME ( 10.21 mi. )
- Saint Agatha, ME ( 12.67 mi. )
- Eagle Lake, ME ( 12.69 mi. )
- Saint Francis, ME ( 15.09 mi. )
- Sinclair, ME ( 15.57 mi. )
- Winterville Plt, ME ( 15.71 mi. )
- Wntervlle Plt, ME ( 15.71 mi. )
- Madawaska, ME ( 16.10 mi. )
- Cross Lake Twp, ME ( 17.51 mi. )
- Cross Lke Twp, ME ( 17.51 mi. )
- Saint David, ME ( 17.91 mi. )
- Quimby, ME ( 19.13 mi. )
- Grand Isle, ME ( 21.31 mi. )
- Lille, ME ( 22.40 mi. )
- Westmanland, ME ( 24.44 mi. )
- Stockholm, ME ( 24.78 mi. )
- Allagash, ME ( 25.80 mi. )
- Van Buren, ME ( 27.37 mi. )
- New Sweden, ME ( 28.34 mi. )
- Perham, ME ( 29.52 mi. )
- Estcourt Station, ME ( 29.71 mi. )
- Portage Lake, ME ( 31.41 mi. )
- Cyr Plt, ME ( 31.45 mi. )
- Woodland, ME ( 32.82 mi. )
- Portage, ME ( 33.24 mi. )
- Connor Twp, ME ( 33.79 mi. )
- Hamlin, ME ( 34.90 mi. )
- Wade, ME ( 34.95 mi. )
- Caswell, ME ( 37.68 mi. )
- Washburn, ME ( 37.82 mi. )
- Caribou, ME ( 37.92 mi. )
- Defense Finance Accounting, ME ( 38.01 mi. )
- Loring Cm Ctr, ME ( 38.98 mi. )
- Garfield Plt, ME ( 39.10 mi. )
- Nashville Plt, ME ( 39.10 mi. )
- Castle Hill, ME ( 40.47 mi. )
- Crouseville, ME ( 40.54 mi. )
- Limestone, ME ( 40.79 mi. )
- Sheridan, ME ( 41.03 mi. )
- Ashland, ME ( 41.59 mi. )
- Mapleton, ME ( 42.99 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04743
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 630.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207