About Danforth, ME
Danforth, ME is located in Washington County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Danforth is about 611 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $97,156, which is roughly 51% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 55% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $35,924, which is roughly 40% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 45% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.23
Male Population Estimate: 46%
Female Population Estimate: 54%
Median Age: 51.7
Male Median Age: 48.1
Female Median Age: 49.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Danforth specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Washington County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Washington County: About 122.821 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Washington County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 57% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Danforth is about 17.3%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Weston, ME ( 7.13 mi. )
- Brookton, ME ( 7.57 mi. )
- Bancroft, ME ( 8.39 mi. )
- Forest City Twp, ME ( 8.79 mi. )
- Forest Twp, ME ( 8.79 mi. )
- Frst City Twp, ME ( 8.79 mi. )
- Drew Plt, ME ( 11.20 mi. )
- Glenwood Plt, ME ( 11.20 mi. )
- Reed Plt, ME ( 11.20 mi. )
- Wytopitlock, ME ( 11.50 mi. )
- Topsfield, ME ( 13.05 mi. )
- Orient, ME ( 13.48 mi. )
- Codyville Plt, ME ( 14.34 mi. )
- Haynesville, ME ( 14.36 mi. )
- Lambert Lake, ME ( 16.05 mi. )
- Kingman Twp, ME ( 17.93 mi. )
- Macwahoc Plt, ME ( 17.93 mi. )
- Cary Plt, ME ( 17.99 mi. )
- Kingman, ME ( 18.26 mi. )
- Vanceboro, ME ( 18.36 mi. )
- Amity, ME ( 19.78 mi. )
- Talmadge, ME ( 20.33 mi. )
- Carroll Plt, ME ( 20.49 mi. )
- Prentiss Twp, ME ( 20.49 mi. )
- Webster Plt, ME ( 20.49 mi. )
- Waite, ME ( 21.12 mi. )
- North Amity, ME ( 21.73 mi. )
- Springfield, ME ( 22.63 mi. )
- Mattawamkeag, ME ( 23.42 mi. )
- Molunkus Twp, ME ( 23.88 mi. )
- Silver Ridge Twp, ME ( 25.76 mi. )
- Lakeville, ME ( 25.99 mi. )
- Silver Ridge, ME ( 26.52 mi. )
- Winn, ME ( 26.59 mi. )
- Grand Lake Stream, ME ( 27.36 mi. )
- Lee, ME ( 28.09 mi. )
- Hodgdon, ME ( 29.08 mi. )
- Linneus, ME ( 29.58 mi. )
- Benedicta, ME ( 30.17 mi. )
- Woodville, ME ( 30.38 mi. )
- Grand Lk Strm, ME ( 31.05 mi. )
- Sherman Mills, ME ( 31.34 mi. )
- Sherman, ME ( 31.38 mi. )
- Island Falls, ME ( 31.49 mi. )
- Medway, ME ( 31.91 mi. )
- Big Lake Twp, ME ( 33.24 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chop, ME ( 33.24 mi. )
- Greenlaw Chopping Twp, ME ( 33.24 mi. )
- Indian Twp, ME ( 33.24 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04424
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 444.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207