About Aurora, ME
Aurora, ME is located in Hancock County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Aurora is about 133 with about 1 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $175,269, which is roughly 11% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 19% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $53,750, which is roughly 10% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 17% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.38
Male Population Estimate: 65.4%
Female Population Estimate: 34.6%
Median Age: 51
Male Median Age: 48.5
Female Median Age: 41.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Aurora specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Hancock County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Hancock County: About 60.0972 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Hancock County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 79% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Aurora is about 10.3%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Osborn, ME ( 6.23 mi. )
- Great Pond, ME ( 6.25 mi. )
- Amherst, ME ( 6.33 mi. )
- Mariaville, ME ( 10.27 mi. )
- Clifton, ME ( 12.24 mi. )
- Eastbrook, ME ( 12.43 mi. )
- Waltham, ME ( 13.09 mi. )
- Beddington, ME ( 13.58 mi. )
- Bradley, ME ( 14.33 mi. )
- Otis, ME ( 14.79 mi. )
- Milford, ME ( 16.43 mi. )
- Fletchers Landing Twp, ME ( 16.57 mi. )
- Fletchers Ldg, ME ( 16.57 mi. )
- Greenfield Twp, ME ( 16.85 mi. )
- Greenfld Twp, ME ( 16.85 mi. )
- Deblois, ME ( 17.24 mi. )
- Eddington, ME ( 17.50 mi. )
- Franklin, ME ( 18.74 mi. )
- Dedham, ME ( 19.37 mi. )
- University Of Maine, ME ( 19.37 mi. )
- East Holden, ME ( 19.79 mi. )
- Stillwater, ME ( 20.33 mi. )
- Costigan, ME ( 20.37 mi. )
- Cardville, ME ( 20.38 mi. )
- Holden, ME ( 20.65 mi. )
- Greenbush, ME ( 21.05 mi. )
- Veazie, ME ( 21.56 mi. )
- Orono, ME ( 21.65 mi. )
- Ellsworth, ME ( 22.29 mi. )
- Old Town, ME ( 22.68 mi. )
- North Sullivan, ME ( 22.80 mi. )
- Hancock, ME ( 23.00 mi. )
- Cherryfield, ME ( 23.05 mi. )
- Brewer, ME ( 23.32 mi. )
- N Sullivan, ME ( 23.32 mi. )
- Sullivan, ME ( 23.79 mi. )
- Olamon, ME ( 23.85 mi. )
- Argyle Twp, ME ( 24.57 mi. )
- Indian Island, ME ( 24.57 mi. )
- Bangor, ME ( 25.38 mi. )
- S Gouldsboro, ME ( 25.88 mi. )
- Lowell, ME ( 26.31 mi. )
- Burlington, ME ( 26.32 mi. )
- Lamoine, ME ( 26.33 mi. )
- Columbia, ME ( 26.45 mi. )
- Passadumkeag, ME ( 26.52 mi. )
- Sorrento, ME ( 26.64 mi. )
- Orrington, ME ( 26.92 mi. )
- Alton, ME ( 27.01 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04408
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 539.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207