About Amity, ME
Amity, ME is located in Aroostook County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Amity is about 217 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $70,042, which is roughly 64% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 68% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $28,594, which is roughly 52% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 56% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.29
Male Population Estimate: 53%
Female Population Estimate: 47%
Median Age: 55.2
Male Median Age: 50.4
Female Median Age: 47.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Amity specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Aroostook County: About 2.72019 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Aroostook County: About 120.427 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Aroostook County is about 31% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 58% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Amity is about 8.9%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cary Plt, ME ( 1.88 mi. )
- North Amity, ME ( 2.08 mi. )
- Orient, ME ( 6.31 mi. )
- Hodgdon, ME ( 9.30 mi. )
- Haynesville, ME ( 9.52 mi. )
- Linneus, ME ( 10.99 mi. )
- Weston, ME ( 12.79 mi. )
- New Limerick, ME ( 15.39 mi. )
- Houlton, ME ( 15.67 mi. )
- Bancroft, ME ( 15.87 mi. )
- Oakfield, ME ( 16.94 mi. )
- Drew Plt, ME ( 17.69 mi. )
- Glenwood Plt, ME ( 17.69 mi. )
- Reed Plt, ME ( 17.69 mi. )
- Ludlow, ME ( 18.36 mi. )
- Island Falls, ME ( 19.36 mi. )
- Danforth, ME ( 19.78 mi. )
- Smyrna Mills, ME ( 21.36 mi. )
- Wytopitlock, ME ( 21.86 mi. )
- Dyer Brook, ME ( 21.93 mi. )
- Littleton, ME ( 22.07 mi. )
- Hammond, ME ( 22.84 mi. )
- Silver Ridge Twp, ME ( 23.21 mi. )
- Forest City Twp, ME ( 23.69 mi. )
- Forest Twp, ME ( 23.69 mi. )
- Frst City Twp, ME ( 23.69 mi. )
- Silver Ridge, ME ( 24.20 mi. )
- Sherman, ME ( 24.83 mi. )
- Crystal, ME ( 25.53 mi. )
- Merrill, ME ( 25.53 mi. )
- Moro Plt, ME ( 25.64 mi. )
- Sherman Mills, ME ( 26.07 mi. )
- Brookton, ME ( 26.76 mi. )
- Hersey, ME ( 27.63 mi. )
- Sherman Station, ME ( 28.08 mi. )
- Benedicta, ME ( 28.30 mi. )
- Monticello, ME ( 28.48 mi. )
- Lambert Lake, ME ( 29.66 mi. )
- Vanceboro, ME ( 30.36 mi. )
- Kingman, ME ( 30.37 mi. )
- Herseytown Twp, ME ( 30.82 mi. )
- Hrsytown Twp, ME ( 30.82 mi. )
- Sherman Sta, ME ( 30.82 mi. )
- Kingman Twp, ME ( 31.08 mi. )
- Macwahoc Plt, ME ( 31.08 mi. )
- Stacyville, ME ( 31.11 mi. )
- Patten, ME ( 31.65 mi. )
- Topsfield, ME ( 32.70 mi. )
- Mount Chase, ME ( 33.44 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04471
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 542.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207