About Abbot, ME
Abbot, ME is located in Piscataquis County in the state of Maine.
The total City Population for Abbot is about 652 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $136,220, which is roughly 31% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,619 for the state of Maine, and roughly 37% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $47,614, which is roughly 20% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $59,885 for the state of Maine, and roughly 27% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.24
Male Population Estimate: 52%
Female Population Estimate: 48%
Median Age: 49.8
Male Median Age: 50.7
Female Median Age: 49.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Abbot specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Piscataquis County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Piscataquis County: About 118.085 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Piscataquis County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 59% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Abbot is about 0.6%.
Maine is ranked #11 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 68.97 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 72.42
The average living wage for the state of Maine is $32.41/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.15/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Maine a minimum wage score of 81.24 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.08/hr, which gives Maine a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.6 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Maine is $307.18, resulting in a UI benefit score of 100 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Maine does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Maine does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Maine does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Maine does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Maine does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Maine does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Maine does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Maine does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Maine does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Maine does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Maine does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Maine does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Maine does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Maine does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Maine does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Maine does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Maine does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Maine does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Eliotsvle Twp, ME ( 3.98 mi. )
- Elliottsville Twp, ME ( 3.98 mi. )
- Parkman, ME ( 6.09 mi. )
- Guilford, ME ( 6.20 mi. )
- Monson, ME ( 6.75 mi. )
- Blanchard Twp, ME ( 7.41 mi. )
- Willimantic, ME ( 9.17 mi. )
- Sangerville, ME ( 9.41 mi. )
- Wellington, ME ( 9.98 mi. )
- Cambridge, ME ( 10.86 mi. )
- Kingsbury Plt, ME ( 11.17 mi. )
- Mayfield Twp, ME ( 11.17 mi. )
- Shirley, ME ( 13.22 mi. )
- Ripley, ME ( 13.44 mi. )
- Dover Foxcroft, ME ( 13.54 mi. )
- Dovr Foxcroft, ME ( 13.54 mi. )
- Dvr Foxcroft, ME ( 13.54 mi. )
- Shirley Mills, ME ( 13.74 mi. )
- Bowerbank, ME ( 13.95 mi. )
- Dexter, ME ( 14.27 mi. )
- Harmony, ME ( 15.47 mi. )
- Moody, ME ( 17.05 mi. )
- Garland, ME ( 18.20 mi. )
- Sebec, ME ( 18.39 mi. )
- Greenville, ME ( 18.93 mi. )
- Athens, ME ( 18.94 mi. )
- Brighton Plt, ME ( 19.08 mi. )
- Saint Albans, ME ( 19.84 mi. )
- Moscow, ME ( 19.91 mi. )
- Corinna, ME ( 19.94 mi. )
- Concord Twp, ME ( 19.96 mi. )
- Pleasant Ridge Plt, ME ( 19.96 mi. )
- Plsnt Rdg Plt, ME ( 19.96 mi. )
- Bingham, ME ( 20.07 mi. )
- Atkinson, ME ( 20.46 mi. )
- Caratunk, ME ( 21.00 mi. )
- Hartland, ME ( 21.78 mi. )
- Exeter, ME ( 22.94 mi. )
- Brownville Junction, ME ( 23.06 mi. )
- Charleston, ME ( 23.12 mi. )
- Brownvlle Jct, ME ( 23.22 mi. )
- Solon, ME ( 23.46 mi. )
- Frenchtown Twp, ME ( 23.47 mi. )
- Frenchtwn Twp, ME ( 23.47 mi. )
- Lily Bay Twp, ME ( 23.47 mi. )
- Derby, ME ( 24.28 mi. )
- Milo, ME ( 24.40 mi. )
- Palmyra, ME ( 24.66 mi. )
- Cornville, ME ( 24.83 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 04406
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 844.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 207