About Garrison, KY
Garrison, KY is located in Lewis County in the state of Kentucky.
The total City Population for Garrison is about 749 with about 107 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $49,885, which is roughly 53% lower than the Average Home Value of $105,582 for the state of Kentucky, and roughly 77% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $31,339, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $44,947 for the state of Kentucky, and roughly 52% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.61
Male Population Estimate: 45.9%
Female Population Estimate: 54.1%
Median Age: 51.8
Male Median Age: 36.8
Female Median Age: 38.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Garrison specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Lewis County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Lewis County: About 32.7869 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Lewis County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 89% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Garrison is about 19.8%.
Kentucky is ranked #37 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 26.82 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 12.88
The average living wage for the state of Kentucky is $30.28/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Kentucky a minimum wage score of 10.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Kentucky a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Kentucky is $179.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 30.72 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Kentucky does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Kentucky does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Kentucky does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Kentucky does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Kentucky does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Kentucky does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Kentucky does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Kentucky does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Kentucky does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Kentucky does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Kentucky does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Kentucky does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Kentucky does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Kentucky does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Kentucky does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Kentucky does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Kentucky does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Kentucky does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Quincy, KY ( 3.06 mi. )
- Stout, OH ( 5.72 mi. )
- Vanceburg, KY ( 7.67 mi. )
- Friendship, OH ( 7.68 mi. )
- Firebrick, KY ( 9.19 mi. )
- Clarksburg, KY ( 9.98 mi. )
- Kinniconick, KY ( 10.26 mi. )
- Smiths Creek, KY ( 10.28 mi. )
- W Portsmouth, OH ( 10.74 mi. )
- Rome, OH ( 11.31 mi. )
- S Portsmouth, KY ( 11.76 mi. )
- South Portsmouth, KY ( 12.22 mi. )
- Load, KY ( 12.23 mi. )
- Carter, KY ( 12.78 mi. )
- West Portsmouth, OH ( 13.13 mi. )
- Carrs, KY ( 13.20 mi. )
- Charters, KY ( 13.69 mi. )
- Blue Creek, OH ( 14.16 mi. )
- South Shore, KY ( 14.21 mi. )
- Camp Dix, KY ( 14.46 mi. )
- Heselton, KY ( 14.46 mi. )
- Trace, KY ( 14.46 mi. )
- Portsmouth, OH ( 16.36 mi. )
- Wolf, KY ( 16.40 mi. )
- New Boston, OH ( 16.67 mi. )
- Lynx, OH ( 16.93 mi. )
- Mc Dermott, OH ( 16.98 mi. )
- McDermott, OH ( 17.04 mi. )
- Lloyd, KY ( 17.17 mi. )
- Smoky Valley, KY ( 17.22 mi. )
- Concord, KY ( 17.52 mi. )
- Glen Springs, KY ( 17.61 mi. )
- Otway, OH ( 17.77 mi. )
- Emerson, KY ( 17.90 mi. )
- Ribolt, KY ( 18.29 mi. )
- Franklin Furnace, OH ( 18.31 mi. )
- Counts Cross Roads, KY ( 18.36 mi. )
- Poplar Flat, KY ( 18.38 mi. )
- Prater, KY ( 18.62 mi. )
- Wrightsville, OH ( 18.91 mi. )
- Haverhill, OH ( 19.02 mi. )
- Sciotoville, OH ( 19.07 mi. )
- Oldtown, KY ( 19.24 mi. )
- Greenup, KY ( 19.95 mi. )
- Petersville, KY ( 20.06 mi. )
- Wheelersburg, OH ( 20.50 mi. )
- Argillite, KY ( 20.83 mi. )
- Olive Hill, KY ( 20.99 mi. )
- Garvin Ridge, KY ( 21.27 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 41141, 41179 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1004.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 606