About Edgewood, KY
Edgewood, KY is located in Kenton County in the state of Kentucky.
The total City Population for Edgewood is about 8,427 with about 795 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $243,224, which is roughly 61% higher than the Average Home Value of $94,219 for the state of Kentucky, and roughly 22% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $109,909, which is roughly 64% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $39,100 for the state of Kentucky, and roughly 48% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.53
Male Population Estimate: 47.7%
Female Population Estimate: 52.3%
Median Age: 41.9
Male Median Age: 35.2
Female Median Age: 37.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Edgewood specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Kenton County: About 3.20214 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Kenton County: About 216.018 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Kenton County is about 19% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 25% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Edgewood is about 1.9%.
Kentucky is ranked #37 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 26.82 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 12.88
The average living wage for the state of Kentucky is $30.28/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Kentucky a minimum wage score of 10.87 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Kentucky a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Kentucky is $179.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 30.72 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Kentucky does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Kentucky does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Kentucky does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Kentucky does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Kentucky does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Kentucky does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Kentucky does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Kentucky does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Kentucky does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Kentucky does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Kentucky does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Kentucky does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Kentucky does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Kentucky does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Kentucky does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Kentucky does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Kentucky does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Kentucky does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Ft Mitchell, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- Crescent Park, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- Crescent Spg, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- Crescent Spgs, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- Crestview Hls, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- S Ft Mitchell, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- So Fort Mitchell, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- South Fort Mitchell, KY ( 1.04 mi. )
- Crestview Hills, KY ( 1.19 mi. )
- Erlanger, KY ( 1.40 mi. )
- Lakeside Park, KY ( 1.75 mi. )
- Elsmere, KY ( 2.43 mi. )
- Fort Mitchell, KY ( 2.55 mi. )
- Fort Wright, KY ( 2.87 mi. )
- Covington, KY ( 2.88 mi. )
- Taylor Mill, KY ( 3.31 mi. )
- Crescent Springs, KY ( 3.33 mi. )
- Kenton Vale, KY ( 3.63 mi. )
- DeCoursey, KY ( 3.92 mi. )
- Independence, KY ( 4.06 mi. )
- Devon, KY ( 4.07 mi. )
- Cov, KY ( 4.21 mi. )
- Ft Wright, KY ( 4.21 mi. )
- Kenton Hills, KY ( 4.21 mi. )
- Lookout Heights, KY ( 4.21 mi. )
- Villa Hills, KY ( 4.31 mi. )
- Park Hills, KY ( 4.43 mi. )
- Wilder, KY ( 4.73 mi. )
- Latonia, KY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Kentonvale, KY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Latonia Lakes, KY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Latonia Lks, KY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Rosedale, KY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Ryland Hght, KY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Ryland Hgts, KY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Florence, KY ( 4.84 mi. )
- Bromley, KY ( 4.90 mi. )
- Hopeful Heights, KY ( 5.07 mi. )
- Northern Kentucky University, KY ( 5.44 mi. )
- Ludlow, KY ( 5.64 mi. )
- Internal Revenue, KY ( 5.84 mi. )
- Highland Heights, KY ( 5.85 mi. )
- Ryland Heights, KY ( 5.99 mi. )
- Southgate, KY ( 6.05 mi. )
- S Newport, KY ( 6.26 mi. )
- So Newport, KY ( 6.26 mi. )
- South Newport, KY ( 6.26 mi. )
- AMF, OH ( 6.31 mi. )
- Cin Arprt, OH ( 6.31 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 41017
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 875.5 ft.
Area Code(s): 859