About Wakefield, KS
Wakefield, KS is located in Clay County in the state of Kansas.
The total City Population for Wakefield is about 1,036 with about 740 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $148,042, which is roughly 29% higher than the Average Home Value of $105,672 for the state of Kansas, and roughly 22% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $58,750, which is roughly 7% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $54,472 for the state of Kansas, and roughly 2% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.63
Male Population Estimate: 53.2%
Female Population Estimate: 46.8%
Median Age: 42.9
Male Median Age: 37.5
Female Median Age: 39.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Wakefield specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Clay County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Clay County: About 168.279 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Clay County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 42% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Wakefield is about 5.1%.
Kansas is ranked #46 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 21.44 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 8.82
The average living wage for the state of Kansas is $30.66/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Kansas a minimum wage score of 9.33 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Kansas a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Kansas is $160.23, resulting in a UI benefit score of 16.79 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Kansas does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Kansas does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Kansas does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Kansas does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Kansas does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Kansas does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Kansas does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Kansas does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Kansas does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Kansas does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Kansas does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Kansas does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Kansas does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Kansas does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Kansas does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Kansas does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Kansas does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Kansas does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Milford, KS ( 6.52 mi. )
- Industry, KS ( 9.99 mi. )
- Riley, KS ( 11.70 mi. )
- Oakhill, KS ( 12.13 mi. )
- Clay Center, KS ( 12.78 mi. )
- Leonardville, KS ( 13.28 mi. )
- Fort Riley, KS ( 13.43 mi. )
- Green, KS ( 14.79 mi. )
- Ft Riley, KS ( 15.70 mi. )
- Junction City, KS ( 15.83 mi. )
- Chapman, KS ( 16.70 mi. )
- Longford, KS ( 16.88 mi. )
- Manchester, KS ( 18.24 mi. )
- Ogden, KS ( 18.36 mi. )
- Talmage, KS ( 18.38 mi. )
- Morganville, KS ( 19.90 mi. )
- Randolph, KS ( 20.17 mi. )
- Manhattan, KS ( 22.23 mi. )
- Enterprise, KS ( 22.27 mi. )
- Abilene, KS ( 23.09 mi. )
- Miltonvale, KS ( 24.93 mi. )
- Olsburg, KS ( 26.17 mi. )
- Solomon, KS ( 27.71 mi. )
- Clifton, KS ( 28.03 mi. )
- Wells, KS ( 29.00 mi. )
- Navarre, KS ( 29.21 mi. )
- Woodbine, KS ( 29.23 mi. )
- Palmer, KS ( 29.50 mi. )
- Saint George, KS ( 30.75 mi. )
- St George, KS ( 30.75 mi. )
- Fostoria, KS ( 31.34 mi. )
- Aurora, KS ( 31.78 mi. )
- Linn, KS ( 32.17 mi. )
- White City, KS ( 32.91 mi. )
- Clyde, KS ( 32.96 mi. )
- Bennington, KS ( 33.27 mi. )
- Ames, KS ( 33.53 mi. )
- Latimer, KS ( 34.27 mi. )
- Dwight, KS ( 34.37 mi. )
- Westmoreland, KS ( 34.57 mi. )
- New Cambria, KS ( 35.03 mi. )
- Barnes, KS ( 35.06 mi. )
- Greenleaf, KS ( 35.34 mi. )
- Waterville, KS ( 35.89 mi. )
- Hope, KS ( 36.40 mi. )
- Minneapolis, KS ( 37.00 mi. )
- Blue Rapids, KS ( 37.25 mi. )
- Alta Vista, KS ( 37.47 mi. )
- Herington, KS ( 37.51 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 67487
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1262.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 785