Mission Woods' Livability
About Mission Woods, KS
Mission Woods, KS is located in Johnson County in the state of Kansas.
The total City Population for Mission Woods is about 163 with about 1,595 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $686,585, which is roughly 83% higher than the Average Home Value of $117,888 for the state of Kansas, and roughly 68% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $212,500, which is roughly 72% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $60,103 for the state of Kansas, and roughly 69% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.17
Male Population Estimate: 52.8%
Female Population Estimate: 47.2%
Median Age: 46.4
Male Median Age: 35.8
Female Median Age: 39.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Mission Woods specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Johnson County: About 2.19676 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Johnson County: About 157.029 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Johnson County is about 44% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 45% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Mission Woods is about 3.2%.
Kansas is ranked #46 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 21.44 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 8.82
The average living wage for the state of Kansas is $30.66/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Kansas a minimum wage score of 9.33 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Kansas a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Kansas is $160.23, resulting in a UI benefit score of 16.79 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Kansas does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Kansas does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Kansas does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Kansas does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Kansas does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Kansas does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Kansas does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Kansas does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Kansas does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Kansas does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Kansas does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Kansas does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Kansas does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Kansas does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Kansas does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Kansas does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Kansas does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Kansas does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Westwood Hills, KS ( 0.34 mi. )
- Westwood, KS ( 0.45 mi. )
- Westwood Hls, KS ( 0.99 mi. )
- Fairway, KS ( 1.17 mi. )
- Mission Hills, KS ( 1.42 mi. )
- Roeland Park, KS ( 1.44 mi. )
- K U Med Center, KS ( 1.48 mi. )
- Kansas University Med Center, KS ( 1.48 mi. )
- Rosedale, KS ( 2.47 mi. )
- Shawnee Mission, KS ( 2.47 mi. )
- Shawnee Msn, KS ( 2.47 mi. )
- SM, KS ( 2.47 mi. )
- Mission, KS ( 2.52 mi. )
- Jc Penney Co, KS ( 2.97 mi. )
- Countryside, KS ( 3.25 mi. )
- Overland, KS ( 3.25 mi. )
- Prairie Vlg, KS ( 3.25 mi. )
- Prairie Village, KS ( 3.50 mi. )
- Philatelic Distribution Ctr, MO ( 3.56 mi. )
- Merriam, KS ( 4.56 mi. )
- OP, KS ( 4.60 mi. )
- Commerce Bank, MO ( 4.85 mi. )
- Federal Reserve, MO ( 4.85 mi. )
- Internal Revenue Service, MO ( 4.85 mi. )
- Kansas City Brm, MO ( 4.85 mi. )
- Marine Corps Finance Center, MO ( 4.85 mi. )
- Midwest Service Center, MO ( 4.85 mi. )
- United Missouri Bank, MO ( 4.85 mi. )
- Kansas City, MO ( 6.90 mi. )
- North Kansas City, MO ( 7.70 mi. )
- K C, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- Kans City, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- Kans Cty, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- Kans Cy, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- Kansas Cty, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- Kansas Cy, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- Ks City, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- N Kansas City, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- N KC, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- NKC, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- No Kansas City, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- North KC, MO ( 8.04 mi. )
- Raytown, MO ( 8.33 mi. )
- Sprint Corporation, KS ( 8.37 mi. )
- Lake Quivira, KS ( 8.47 mi. )
- Leawood, KS ( 8.78 mi. )
- Avondale, MO ( 9.02 mi. )
- Quivira, KS ( 9.16 mi. )
- Kansas City, KS ( 9.45 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 66205
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 902.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 913