About Wright, IA
Wright, IA is located in Mahaska County in the state of Iowa.
The total City Population for Wright is about 15,055 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $112,600, which is roughly 3% lower than the Average Home Value of $116,245 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 40% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $50,394, which is roughly 13% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,814 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 12% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.36
Male Population Estimate: 49.6%
Female Population Estimate: 50.4%
Median Age: 38.4
Male Median Age: 36.1
Female Median Age: 40.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Wright specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Mahaska County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Mahaska County: About 268.204 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Mahaska County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 7% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Iowa is ranked #35 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 27.78 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 21.53
The average living wage for the state of Iowa is $31.31/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Iowa a minimum wage score of 6.78 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.35/hr, which gives Iowa a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Iowa is $179.52, resulting in a UI benefit score of 26.72 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Iowa does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Iowa does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Iowa does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Iowa does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Iowa does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Iowa does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Iowa does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Iowa does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Iowa does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Iowa does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Iowa does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Iowa does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Iowa does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Iowa does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Iowa does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Iowa does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cedar, IA ( 2.55 mi. )
- Keomah Village, IA ( 2.77 mi. )
- University Park, IA ( 5.26 mi. )
- Fremont, IA ( 5.42 mi. )
- Univ Park, IA ( 5.50 mi. )
- University Pk, IA ( 5.50 mi. )
- Rose Hill, IA ( 5.88 mi. )
- Oskaloosa, IA ( 6.64 mi. )
- Keomah Vlg, IA ( 7.32 mi. )
- Kirkville, IA ( 7.47 mi. )
- Eddyville, IA ( 8.24 mi. )
- Beacon, IA ( 8.25 mi. )
- Evans Junction, IA ( 8.26 mi. )
- Evans, IA ( 11.07 mi. )
- Chillicothe, IA ( 11.26 mi. )
- Indianapolis, IA ( 11.28 mi. )
- Delta, IA ( 11.35 mi. )
- Dudley, IA ( 11.66 mi. )
- Lacey, IA ( 12.03 mi. )
- Hedrick, IA ( 12.54 mi. )
- What Cheer, IA ( 13.67 mi. )
- Rutledge, IA ( 14.08 mi. )
- Union Mills, IA ( 14.23 mi. )
- Hayesville, IA ( 14.48 mi. )
- Coal Creek, IA ( 14.72 mi. )
- Leighton, IA ( 14.86 mi. )
- Martinsburg, IA ( 15.04 mi. )
- Dahlonega, IA ( 15.46 mi. )
- Munterville, IA ( 15.54 mi. )
- Avery, IA ( 16.04 mi. )
- Ottumwa Junction, IA ( 16.22 mi. )
- South Ottumwa, IA ( 16.22 mi. )
- Olivet, IA ( 16.40 mi. )
- New Sharon, IA ( 16.57 mi. )
- Farson, IA ( 16.58 mi. )
- Ottumwa, IA ( 16.81 mi. )
- Gibson, IA ( 17.40 mi. )
- Thornburg, IA ( 17.44 mi. )
- Sigourney, IA ( 17.68 mi. )
- Barnes City, IA ( 18.04 mi. )
- Tracy, IA ( 18.24 mi. )
- Bussey, IA ( 18.85 mi. )
- Lancaster, IA ( 19.06 mi. )
- Pekin, IA ( 19.95 mi. )
- Hamilton, IA ( 20.38 mi. )
- Bladensburg, IA ( 20.55 mi. )
- Keswick, IA ( 20.57 mi. )
- Taintor, IA ( 20.58 mi. )
- Blakesburg, IA ( 20.62 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 52577
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 797.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 641