About Sharpsburg, IA
Sharpsburg, IA is located in Taylor County in the state of Iowa.
The total City Population for Sharpsburg is about 100 with about 104 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $68,348, which is roughly 48% lower than the Average Home Value of $132,435 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 69% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $43,333, which is roughly 33% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $65,122 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 33% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.51
Male Population Estimate: 50%
Female Population Estimate: 50%
Median Age: 39.3
Male Median Age: 37.5
Female Median Age: 46.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Sharpsburg specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Taylor County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Taylor County: About 40.6174 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Taylor County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 86% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Sharpsburg is about 7.7%.
Iowa is ranked #35 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 27.78 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 21.53
The average living wage for the state of Iowa is $31.31/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Iowa a minimum wage score of 6.78 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.35/hr, which gives Iowa a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Iowa is $179.52, resulting in a UI benefit score of 26.72 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Iowa does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Iowa does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Iowa does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Iowa does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Iowa does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Iowa does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Iowa does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Iowa does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Iowa does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Iowa does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Iowa does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Iowa does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Iowa does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Iowa does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Iowa does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Iowa does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Conway, IA ( 3.86 mi. )
- Gravity, IA ( 6.12 mi. )
- Lenox, IA ( 7.03 mi. )
- Clearfield, IA ( 8.20 mi. )
- Bedford, IA ( 10.09 mi. )
- Guss, IA ( 11.68 mi. )
- Platteville, IA ( 12.07 mi. )
- Stringtown, IA ( 12.90 mi. )
- Athlestan, IA ( 13.25 mi. )
- Kent, IA ( 14.00 mi. )
- Corning, IA ( 14.07 mi. )
- Brooks, IA ( 14.12 mi. )
- New Market, IA ( 14.44 mi. )
- Maloy, IA ( 14.95 mi. )
- Prescott, IA ( 15.30 mi. )
- Blockton, IA ( 15.41 mi. )
- Diagonal, IA ( 15.61 mi. )
- Benton, IA ( 16.12 mi. )
- Nodaway, IA ( 16.26 mi. )
- Siam, IA ( 17.62 mi. )
- Delphos, IA ( 18.43 mi. )
- Cromwell, IA ( 18.87 mi. )
- Redding, IA ( 18.99 mi. )
- Carbon, IA ( 19.57 mi. )
- Hopkins, MO ( 19.69 mi. )
- Sheridan, MO ( 19.78 mi. )
- Villisca, IA ( 19.82 mi. )
- Shannon City, IA ( 20.76 mi. )
- Clarinda, IA ( 21.05 mi. )
- Carl, IA ( 21.93 mi. )
- Mount Ayr, IA ( 21.95 mi. )
- Creston, IA ( 22.83 mi. )
- Shambaugh, IA ( 22.96 mi. )
- Tingley, IA ( 23.49 mi. )
- Tenville Junction, IA ( 23.83 mi. )
- Arispe, IA ( 24.18 mi. )
- Grant City, MO ( 24.92 mi. )
- Parnell, MO ( 25.19 mi. )
- Braddyville, IA ( 25.57 mi. )
- Morton Mills, IA ( 26.22 mi. )
- Pickering, MO ( 26.54 mi. )
- Stanton, IA ( 27.08 mi. )
- Yorktown, IA ( 27.28 mi. )
- Ellston, IA ( 27.92 mi. )
- Afton, IA ( 27.93 mi. )
- College Springs, IA ( 28.10 mi. )
- College Sprgs, IA ( 28.37 mi. )
- Allendale, MO ( 28.65 mi. )
- Clearmont, MO ( 28.92 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 50862
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1292.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 641