About Salina, IA
Salina, IA is located in Jefferson County in the state of Iowa.
The total City Population for Salina is about 13,247 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $114,200, which is roughly 2% lower than the Average Home Value of $116,245 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 39% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $41,382, which is roughly 28% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,814 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 28% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.13
Male Population Estimate: 53.8%
Female Population Estimate: 46.2%
Median Age: 43.7
Male Median Age: 37.8
Female Median Age: 49.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Salina specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Jefferson County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Jefferson County: About 83.9947 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Jefferson County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 71% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Iowa is ranked #35 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 27.78 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 21.53
The average living wage for the state of Iowa is $31.31/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Iowa a minimum wage score of 6.78 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.35/hr, which gives Iowa a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Iowa is $179.52, resulting in a UI benefit score of 26.72 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Iowa does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Iowa does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Iowa does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Iowa does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Iowa does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Iowa does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Iowa does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Iowa does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Iowa does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Iowa does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Iowa does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Iowa does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Iowa does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Iowa does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Iowa does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Iowa does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Beckwith, IA ( 3.02 mi. )
- Perlee, IA ( 4.50 mi. )
- Vedic City, IA ( 4.84 mi. )
- Germanville, IA ( 5.22 mi. )
- Four Corners, IA ( 5.30 mi. )
- Lockridge, IA ( 5.61 mi. )
- East Pleasant Plain, IA ( 6.33 mi. )
- Maharishi University Of Mgmt, IA ( 6.99 mi. )
- Pleasant Plain, IA ( 7.13 mi. )
- Fairfield, IA ( 7.47 mi. )
- Glasgow, IA ( 7.75 mi. )
- Veo, IA ( 8.43 mi. )
- Brighton, IA ( 8.92 mi. )
- Rome, IA ( 9.04 mi. )
- Maharishi Vedic City, IA ( 9.46 mi. )
- Coppock, IA ( 10.19 mi. )
- Wayland, IA ( 11.56 mi. )
- Mt Pleasant, IA ( 12.50 mi. )
- Richland, IA ( 12.75 mi. )
- Libertyville, IA ( 12.80 mi. )
- Stockport, IA ( 13.02 mi. )
- Birmingham, IA ( 13.03 mi. )
- Rubio, IA ( 13.26 mi. )
- Limby, IA ( 14.17 mi. )
- Packwood, IA ( 14.29 mi. )
- Grace Hill, IA ( 15.03 mi. )
- Swedesburg, IA ( 15.15 mi. )
- Hillsboro, IA ( 15.75 mi. )
- Mount Pleasant, IA ( 16.07 mi. )
- Abingdon, IA ( 16.12 mi. )
- Olds, IA ( 16.24 mi. )
- Ollie, IA ( 17.14 mi. )
- Salem, IA ( 17.38 mi. )
- Batavia, IA ( 17.76 mi. )
- Kilbourn, IA ( 18.03 mi. )
- Talleyrand, IA ( 18.52 mi. )
- Pekin, IA ( 18.80 mi. )
- Douds, IA ( 18.86 mi. )
- Washington, IA ( 18.88 mi. )
- Crawfordsville, IA ( 19.30 mi. )
- Crawfordsvlle, IA ( 19.83 mi. )
- Leando, IA ( 20.11 mi. )
- West Chester, IA ( 20.32 mi. )
- Selma, IA ( 20.63 mi. )
- Bladensburg, IA ( 21.03 mi. )
- Mt Union, IA ( 21.06 mi. )
- Wyman, IA ( 21.24 mi. )
- Winfield, IA ( 21.29 mi. )
- Houghton, IA ( 21.53 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 52556
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 767.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 641