About Gladwin, IA
Gladwin, IA is located in Louisa County in the state of Iowa.
The total City Population for Gladwin is about 3,567 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $102,400, which is roughly 23% lower than the Average Home Value of $132,435 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 53% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $46,650, which is roughly 28% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $65,122 for the state of Iowa, and roughly 28% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.67
Male Population Estimate: 51.7%
Female Population Estimate: 48.3%
Median Age: 39
Male Median Age: 37.5
Female Median Age: 40.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Gladwin specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Louisa County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Louisa County: About 156.145 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Louisa County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 46% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Iowa is ranked #35 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 27.78 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 21.53
The average living wage for the state of Iowa is $31.31/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Iowa a minimum wage score of 6.78 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.35/hr, which gives Iowa a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Iowa is $179.52, resulting in a UI benefit score of 26.72 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Iowa does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Iowa does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Iowa does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Iowa does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Iowa does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Iowa does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Iowa does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Iowa does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Iowa does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Iowa does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Iowa does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Iowa does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Iowa does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Iowa does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Iowa does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Iowa does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Iowa does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cotter, IA ( 4.67 mi. )
- Haskins, IA ( 4.95 mi. )
- Conesville, IA ( 5.48 mi. )
- Columbus Jct, IA ( 7.01 mi. )
- Columbus Junction, IA ( 7.16 mi. )
- Ainsworth, IA ( 7.20 mi. )
- Fredonia, IA ( 7.79 mi. )
- Columbus City, IA ( 7.99 mi. )
- River Junction, IA ( 8.70 mi. )
- Lone Tree, IA ( 8.80 mi. )
- Cranston, IA ( 9.92 mi. )
- Riverside, IA ( 10.49 mi. )
- Crawfordsville, IA ( 11.00 mi. )
- Crawfordsvlle, IA ( 11.12 mi. )
- Nichols, IA ( 11.13 mi. )
- Letts, IA ( 11.36 mi. )
- Wyman, IA ( 11.63 mi. )
- Washington, IA ( 13.24 mi. )
- Cairo, IA ( 13.75 mi. )
- Hills, IA ( 14.31 mi. )
- Grandview, IA ( 14.78 mi. )
- Kalona, IA ( 15.70 mi. )
- Winfield, IA ( 16.16 mi. )
- Olds, IA ( 16.30 mi. )
- Fruitland, IA ( 16.72 mi. )
- Joetown, IA ( 17.41 mi. )
- West Liberty, IA ( 17.65 mi. )
- Wayland, IA ( 18.10 mi. )
- Downey, IA ( 18.23 mi. )
- Swedesburg, IA ( 18.30 mi. )
- Elrick, IA ( 18.52 mi. )
- Wapello, IA ( 18.57 mi. )
- West Chester, IA ( 19.01 mi. )
- Coppock, IA ( 19.27 mi. )
- Muscatine, IA ( 20.26 mi. )
- Frytown, IA ( 20.65 mi. )
- Grace Hill, IA ( 20.74 mi. )
- Atalissa, IA ( 20.75 mi. )
- Iowa City, IA ( 20.86 mi. )
- Centerdale, IA ( 20.86 mi. )
- Morning Sun, IA ( 21.09 mi. )
- Mount Union, IA ( 21.09 mi. )
- University Heights, IA ( 21.15 mi. )
- Daytonville, IA ( 21.16 mi. )
- American College Testing, IA ( 21.21 mi. )
- Wellman, IA ( 21.29 mi. )
- West Branch, IA ( 21.87 mi. )
- Mt Union, IA ( 22.23 mi. )
- Brighton, IA ( 23.07 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 52738
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 601.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 319