About Riverview, IN
Riverview, IN is located in Sullivan County in the state of Indiana.
The total City Population for Riverview is about 496 with about 1 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $115,900, which is roughly 4% lower than the Average Home Value of $120,925 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 39% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $57,143, which is roughly 4% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $55,001 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 1% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.43
Male Population Estimate: 53.2%
Female Population Estimate: 46.8%
Median Age: 43.9
Male Median Age: 43.5
Female Median Age: 44.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Riverview specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Sullivan County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Sullivan County: About 127.854 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Sullivan County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 56% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Indiana is ranked #38 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 26.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 6.17
The average living wage for the state of Indiana is $30.14/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Indiana a minimum wage score of 11.45 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Indiana a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Indiana is $136.30, resulting in a UI benefit score of 3.01 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Indiana does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Indiana does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Indiana does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Indiana does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Indiana does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Indiana does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Indiana does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Indiana does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Indiana does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Indiana does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Indiana does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Indiana does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Indiana does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Indiana does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Indiana does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Indiana does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Fairbanks, IN ( 3.54 mi. )
- Dodds Bridge, IN ( 4.36 mi. )
- West Union, IL ( 4.54 mi. )
- West York, IL ( 5.25 mi. )
- Graysville, IN ( 5.90 mi. )
- Scott City, IN ( 6.36 mi. )
- Prairie Creek, IN ( 6.92 mi. )
- Hutsonville, IL ( 7.56 mi. )
- Gill, IN ( 9.79 mi. )
- Merom, IN ( 10.01 mi. )
- Shelburn, IN ( 10.09 mi. )
- Curry, IN ( 10.75 mi. )
- East Shelburn, IN ( 10.75 mi. )
- Trimble, IL ( 10.89 mi. )
- Farmersburg, IN ( 11.44 mi. )
- Sullivan, IN ( 11.82 mi. )
- Lake Sullivan, IN ( 11.83 mi. )
- Turman, IN ( 11.83 mi. )
- Jackson Hill, IN ( 12.06 mi. )
- Wilfred, IN ( 12.40 mi. )
- Riverton, IN ( 12.46 mi. )
- New Lebanon, IN ( 12.55 mi. )
- Prairieton, IN ( 13.09 mi. )
- Annapolis, IL ( 13.11 mi. )
- Pimento, IN ( 13.28 mi. )
- Albright, IL ( 13.51 mi. )
- Dowden Acres, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Holly Hills, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Honey Creek Square, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Kingswood Terra, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Lake Noji, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Lakeview Estates, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Maryland, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Marywood, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Paint Mill Lake, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Prairie Village, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Spring Hill Estates, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Spring Valley Estates, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Wonder Lake, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Woodgate East, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Youngstown Acres, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Youngstown Meadows, IN ( 13.59 mi. )
- Palestine, IL ( 13.81 mi. )
- Lamotte, IL ( 13.84 mi. )
- Marshall, IL ( 14.83 mi. )
- Neadmore, IL ( 15.18 mi. )
- Hymera, IN ( 15.27 mi. )
- Clark Center, IL ( 15.42 mi. )
- Robinson, IL ( 15.46 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 47849
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 538.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 812