River Forest's Livability
About River Forest, IN
River Forest, IN is located in Madison County in the state of Indiana.
The total City Population for River Forest is about 6 with about 277 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $97,800, which is roughly 29% lower than the Average Home Value of $138,358 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 55% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $58,000, which is roughly 7% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,038 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 11% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.40
Male Population Estimate: 50%
Female Population Estimate: 50%
Median Age: 55.5
Male Median Age: 41.6
Female Median Age: 46.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of River Forest specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Madison County: About 4.40394 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Madison County: About 211.494 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Madison County is about 10% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 27% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Indiana is ranked #38 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 26.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 6.17
The average living wage for the state of Indiana is $30.14/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Indiana a minimum wage score of 11.45 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Indiana a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Indiana is $136.30, resulting in a UI benefit score of 3.01 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Indiana does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Indiana does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Indiana does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Indiana does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Indiana does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Indiana does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Indiana does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Indiana does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Indiana does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Indiana does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Indiana does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Indiana does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Indiana does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Indiana does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Indiana does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Indiana does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Woodlawn Heights, IN ( 1.79 mi. )
- Ctry Clb Hgts, IN ( 2.03 mi. )
- Woodlawn Hgts, IN ( 2.03 mi. )
- Country Club Heights, IN ( 2.38 mi. )
- Anderson, IN ( 2.58 mi. )
- Florida, IN ( 3.57 mi. )
- Huntsville, IN ( 7.04 mi. )
- Chesterfield, IN ( 7.13 mi. )
- Pendleton, IN ( 7.51 mi. )
- Lapel, IN ( 7.94 mi. )
- Frankton, IN ( 7.95 mi. )
- Emporia, IN ( 8.89 mi. )
- Daleville, IN ( 9.13 mi. )
- Aroma, IN ( 9.81 mi. )
- Ingalls, IN ( 10.43 mi. )
- Middletown, IN ( 10.48 mi. )
- Alexandria, IN ( 10.92 mi. )
- Markleville, IN ( 11.01 mi. )
- Orestes, IN ( 11.08 mi. )
- Strawtown, IN ( 11.40 mi. )
- Cross Roads, IN ( 12.19 mi. )
- Yorktown, IN ( 12.49 mi. )
- Elwood, IN ( 12.63 mi. )
- New Lancaster, IN ( 12.75 mi. )
- Duck Creek, IN ( 13.04 mi. )
- Meadowood Est, IN ( 13.04 mi. )
- Meadowood Estates, IN ( 13.04 mi. )
- Pipe Creek, IN ( 13.04 mi. )
- West Elwood, IN ( 13.58 mi. )
- West Muncie, IN ( 13.73 mi. )
- Cammack, IN ( 14.25 mi. )
- Fortville, IN ( 14.26 mi. )
- Warrington, IN ( 14.90 mi. )
- Progress, IN ( 15.15 mi. )
- Noblesville, IN ( 15.43 mi. )
- Cicero, IN ( 15.61 mi. )
- Arcadia, IN ( 16.02 mi. )
- Summitville, IN ( 16.20 mi. )
- Fishers, IN ( 16.32 mi. )
- Willow Branch, IN ( 16.36 mi. )
- Sulphur Spgs, IN ( 16.37 mi. )
- Woodbury, IN ( 16.47 mi. )
- Brewington Wds, IN ( 16.56 mi. )
- Brewington Woods, IN ( 16.56 mi. )
- West Acres, IN ( 16.56 mi. )
- Westport Addition, IN ( 16.56 mi. )
- Westport Addn, IN ( 16.56 mi. )
- Hobbs, IN ( 16.59 mi. )
- Wilkinson, IN ( 16.79 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 46011
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 863.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 765