About Riceville, IN
Riceville, IN is located in Crawford County in the state of Indiana.
The total City Population for Riceville is about 1,841 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $109,300, which is roughly 21% lower than the Average Home Value of $138,358 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 50% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $52,313, which is roughly 16% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,038 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 20% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.51
Male Population Estimate: 51.2%
Female Population Estimate: 48.8%
Median Age: 42.3
Male Median Age: 40.8
Female Median Age: 43.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Riceville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Crawford County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Crawford County: About 395.266 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Crawford County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 27% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Indiana is ranked #38 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 26.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 6.17
The average living wage for the state of Indiana is $30.14/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Indiana a minimum wage score of 11.45 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Indiana a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Indiana is $136.30, resulting in a UI benefit score of 3.01 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Indiana does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Indiana does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Indiana does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Indiana does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Indiana does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Indiana does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Indiana does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Indiana does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Indiana does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Indiana does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Indiana does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Indiana does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Indiana does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Indiana does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Indiana does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Indiana does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Birdseye, IN ( 1.79 mi. )
- Eckerty, IN ( 2.92 mi. )
- Mentor, IN ( 2.95 mi. )
- Schnellville, IN ( 5.04 mi. )
- Taswell, IN ( 5.69 mi. )
- Kyana, IN ( 6.46 mi. )
- Siberia, IN ( 7.02 mi. )
- Celestine, IN ( 7.43 mi. )
- Saint Croix, IN ( 8.16 mi. )
- St Anthony, IN ( 8.56 mi. )
- Saint Anthony, IN ( 8.76 mi. )
- Oil, IN ( 9.91 mi. )
- St Croix, IN ( 9.91 mi. )
- Cuzco, IN ( 10.85 mi. )
- Grantsburg, IN ( 10.92 mi. )
- Dubois, IN ( 11.02 mi. )
- Lost River, IN ( 11.22 mi. )
- English, IN ( 11.23 mi. )
- Dubois Xrds, IN ( 11.26 mi. )
- Greenbrier, IN ( 11.26 mi. )
- Harbison, IN ( 11.26 mi. )
- Bretzville, IN ( 11.38 mi. )
- Norton, IN ( 11.78 mi. )
- Branchville, IN ( 12.04 mi. )
- Maltersville, IN ( 12.24 mi. )
- Sulphur, IN ( 12.50 mi. )
- Crystal, IN ( 12.52 mi. )
- Ferdinand, IN ( 12.65 mi. )
- Bristow, IN ( 13.09 mi. )
- St Henry, IN ( 13.13 mi. )
- Hillham, IN ( 13.21 mi. )
- Bandon, IN ( 13.40 mi. )
- Dubois Crossroads, IN ( 13.41 mi. )
- Oriole, IN ( 13.83 mi. )
- Youngs Creek, IN ( 13.97 mi. )
- Kellerville, IN ( 14.10 mi. )
- Saint Meinrad, IN ( 14.78 mi. )
- St Meinrad, IN ( 14.78 mi. )
- Kimball International, IN ( 15.12 mi. )
- Kimball Intl, IN ( 15.12 mi. )
- French Lick, IN ( 15.50 mi. )
- Jasper, IN ( 15.61 mi. )
- Leopold, IN ( 15.87 mi. )
- Huntingburg, IN ( 16.16 mi. )
- Boone, IN ( 16.37 mi. )
- Huffman, IN ( 16.51 mi. )
- Valeene, IN ( 16.53 mi. )
- West Baden Springs, IN ( 17.03 mi. )
- Johnsburg, IN ( 17.37 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 47513
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 597.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 812