About Mooresville, IN
Mooresville, IN is located in Morgan County in the state of Indiana.
The total City Population for Mooresville is about 9,429 with about 560 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $152,318, which is roughly 9% higher than the Average Home Value of $138,358 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 30% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $67,889, which is roughly 9% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,038 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 4% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.64
Male Population Estimate: 49.1%
Female Population Estimate: 50.9%
Median Age: 44.7
Male Median Age: 39.6
Female Median Age: 41.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Mooresville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Morgan County: About 2.04916 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2020)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Morgan County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Morgan County is about 48% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 100% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Mooresville is about 3.5%.
Indiana is ranked #38 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 26.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 6.17
The average living wage for the state of Indiana is $30.14/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Indiana a minimum wage score of 11.45 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Indiana a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Indiana is $136.30, resulting in a UI benefit score of 3.01 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Indiana does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Indiana does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Indiana does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Indiana does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Indiana does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Indiana does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Indiana does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Indiana does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Indiana does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Indiana does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Indiana does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Indiana does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Indiana does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Indiana does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Indiana does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Indiana does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Camby, IN ( 3.80 mi. )
- Brooklyn, IN ( 3.88 mi. )
- Bethany, IN ( 4.76 mi. )
- West Newton, IN ( 5.75 mi. )
- Waverly, IN ( 6.02 mi. )
- Monrovia, IN ( 6.05 mi. )
- Centerton, IN ( 6.19 mi. )
- Plainfield, IN ( 6.44 mi. )
- Belleville, IN ( 8.23 mi. )
- Hazelwood, IN ( 8.23 mi. )
- Cartersburg, IN ( 8.38 mi. )
- Hall, IN ( 9.63 mi. )
- West Indianapolis, IN ( 9.71 mi. )
- Drexel Gardens, IN ( 9.74 mi. )
- Drexel Gdns, IN ( 9.74 mi. )
- Mars Hill, IN ( 9.74 mi. )
- Maywood, IN ( 9.74 mi. )
- Bargersville, IN ( 9.87 mi. )
- Clayton, IN ( 10.21 mi. )
- Avon, IN ( 10.97 mi. )
- Lake Edgewood, IN ( 11.62 mi. )
- Paradise Lake, IN ( 11.62 mi. )
- Providence, IN ( 12.76 mi. )
- Danville, IN ( 12.92 mi. )
- Martinsville, IN ( 13.37 mi. )
- Homecroft, IN ( 13.43 mi. )
- Greenwood, IN ( 13.87 mi. )
- Southport, IN ( 13.93 mi. )
- Eagle Creek, IN ( 13.99 mi. )
- Greenwd, IN ( 14.20 mi. )
- Grnwood, IN ( 14.20 mi. )
- Amo, IN ( 14.31 mi. )
- Stilesville, IN ( 14.36 mi. )
- New Whiteland, IN ( 14.57 mi. )
- Spdway, IN ( 14.60 mi. )
- Spdwy, IN ( 14.60 mi. )
- Speedway, IN ( 14.68 mi. )
- Clermont, IN ( 15.02 mi. )
- Hopewell, IN ( 15.37 mi. )
- Maxwell, IN ( 15.55 mi. )
- Glendale, IN ( 15.55 mi. )
- Eminence, IN ( 15.58 mi. )
- WW Grainger Inc, IN ( 15.89 mi. )
- Brownsburg, IN ( 16.00 mi. )
- Army Finance Center, IN ( 16.00 mi. )
- Army Finance Ctr, IN ( 16.00 mi. )
- Brylane, IN ( 16.00 mi. )
- Bus Reply, IN ( 16.00 mi. )
- Business Reply, IN ( 16.00 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 46158
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 648.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 317, 463