About Gilmour, IN
Gilmour, IN is located in Greene County in the state of Indiana.
The total City Population for Gilmour is about 4,798 with about 7 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $79,100, which is roughly 43% lower than the Average Home Value of $138,358 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 64% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $49,792, which is roughly 20% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,038 for the state of Indiana, and roughly 23% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.47
Male Population Estimate: 49%
Female Population Estimate: 51%
Median Age: 40.7
Male Median Age: 40.0
Female Median Age: 41.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Gilmour specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Greene County: About 4.86158 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Greene County: About 39.4735 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Greene County is about 19% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 86% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Indiana is ranked #38 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 26.63 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 6.17
The average living wage for the state of Indiana is $30.14/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Indiana a minimum wage score of 11.45 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Indiana a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Indiana is $136.30, resulting in a UI benefit score of 3.01 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Indiana does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Indiana does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Indiana does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Indiana does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Indiana does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Indiana does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Indiana does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Indiana does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Indiana does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Indiana does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Indiana does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Indiana does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Indiana does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Indiana does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Indiana does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Indiana does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Indiana does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Midland, IN ( 2.71 mi. )
- Jasonville, IN ( 3.06 mi. )
- Vicksburg, IN ( 3.63 mi. )
- Dugger, IN ( 4.32 mi. )
- Coalmont, IN ( 4.34 mi. )
- Ellis, IN ( 4.77 mi. )
- Bogle Corner, IN ( 4.78 mi. )
- Buchanan Cnr, IN ( 4.78 mi. )
- Buchanan Corner, IN ( 4.78 mi. )
- Lonetree, IN ( 4.78 mi. )
- Hymera, IN ( 4.88 mi. )
- Gambill, IN ( 5.79 mi. )
- Howesville, IN ( 5.93 mi. )
- Victoria, IN ( 5.95 mi. )
- Stockton, IN ( 6.91 mi. )
- West Linton, IN ( 6.91 mi. )
- Whites Crossing, IN ( 6.91 mi. )
- Whites Xing, IN ( 6.91 mi. )
- Wright, IN ( 6.91 mi. )
- Jackson Hill, IN ( 6.97 mi. )
- Wilfred, IN ( 7.10 mi. )
- Linton, IN ( 7.99 mi. )
- Brown Jug Corner, IN ( 8.35 mi. )
- Curry, IN ( 8.73 mi. )
- East Shelburn, IN ( 8.73 mi. )
- Lewis, IN ( 8.92 mi. )
- Shelburn, IN ( 8.99 mi. )
- Sullivan, IN ( 9.23 mi. )
- Bucktown, IN ( 9.49 mi. )
- Island City, IN ( 9.80 mi. )
- Lake Sullivan, IN ( 10.19 mi. )
- Turman, IN ( 10.19 mi. )
- Barrick Corner, IN ( 10.58 mi. )
- Martz, IN ( 10.58 mi. )
- Paxton, IN ( 10.98 mi. )
- Farmersburg, IN ( 11.22 mi. )
- Pleasantville, IN ( 11.36 mi. )
- Switz City, IN ( 12.03 mi. )
- Clay City, IN ( 12.18 mi. )
- Daggett, IN ( 12.27 mi. )
- Pt Commerce, IN ( 12.33 mi. )
- Coal City, IN ( 12.47 mi. )
- Fairplay, IN ( 12.50 mi. )
- Grant, IN ( 12.50 mi. )
- Hubbell, IN ( 12.75 mi. )
- Scott City, IN ( 12.75 mi. )
- Lyons, IN ( 13.07 mi. )
- New Lebanon, IN ( 13.83 mi. )
- Worthington, IN ( 14.01 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 47438
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 579.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 812