About Sinclair, IL
Sinclair, IL is located in Morgan County in the state of Illinois.
The total City Population for Sinclair is about 26,992 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $110,900, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Home Value of $158,411 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 49% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $46,662, which is roughly 33% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $69,427 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 28% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.25
Male Population Estimate: 50.1%
Female Population Estimate: 49.9%
Median Age: 40.2
Male Median Age: 37.6
Female Median Age: 42.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
J. B. Pritzker
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Sinclair specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Morgan County: About 3.98 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2014)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Morgan County: About 169.026 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Morgan County is about 1% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 41% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Illinois is ranked #10 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 70.95 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 61.76
The average living wage for the state of Illinois is $32.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Illinois a minimum wage score of 62.16 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.60/hr, which gives Illinois a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Illinois is $232.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.57 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Illinois does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Illinois does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Illinois does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Illinois does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Illinois does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Illinois does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Illinois does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Illinois does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Illinois does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Illinois does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Illinois does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Illinois does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Illinois does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Illinois does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Illinois does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Illinois does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Yatesville, IL ( 4.43 mi. )
- Literberry, IL ( 5.28 mi. )
- Prentice, IL ( 5.60 mi. )
- Arnold, IL ( 5.73 mi. )
- Arcadia, IL ( 7.00 mi. )
- Alexander, IL ( 7.16 mi. )
- Little Indian, IL ( 7.23 mi. )
- Jacksonville, IL ( 7.71 mi. )
- S Jacksonvle, IL ( 7.71 mi. )
- Ashland, IL ( 8.49 mi. )
- South Jacksonville, IL ( 8.94 mi. )
- Pisgah, IL ( 9.23 mi. )
- Island Grove, IL ( 10.10 mi. )
- Virginia, IL ( 11.39 mi. )
- Rees, IL ( 11.61 mi. )
- Pleasant Plains, IL ( 11.89 mi. )
- Berlin, IL ( 12.06 mi. )
- New Berlin, IL ( 12.21 mi. )
- Clements, IL ( 12.76 mi. )
- Franklin, IL ( 13.16 mi. )
- Concord, IL ( 13.22 mi. )
- Woodson, IL ( 13.28 mi. )
- Pleasant Plns, IL ( 13.66 mi. )
- Tallula, IL ( 13.94 mi. )
- Old Berlin, IL ( 14.13 mi. )
- Arenzville, IL ( 14.25 mi. )
- Richland, IL ( 14.30 mi. )
- Lynnville, IL ( 14.36 mi. )
- Newmansville, IL ( 15.06 mi. )
- Chapin, IL ( 15.10 mi. )
- Bates, IL ( 15.43 mi. )
- Bethel, IL ( 16.18 mi. )
- Nortonville, IL ( 16.60 mi. )
- Merritt, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Murrayville, IL ( 16.72 mi. )
- Farmingdale, IL ( 16.80 mi. )
- Chandlerville, IL ( 16.97 mi. )
- Loami, IL ( 17.03 mi. )
- Waverly, IL ( 17.05 mi. )
- Panther Creek, IL ( 17.33 mi. )
- Bluff Springs, IL ( 17.47 mi. )
- Riggston, IL ( 17.66 mi. )
- Salisbury, IL ( 18.19 mi. )
- Curran, IL ( 18.69 mi. )
- Riddle Hill, IL ( 18.99 mi. )
- Lincolns New Salem, IL ( 19.61 mi. )
- Bradfordton, IL ( 20.33 mi. )
- Archer, IL ( 20.52 mi. )
- Exeter, IL ( 20.68 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 62650
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 595.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 217