About Sicily, IL
Sicily, IL is located in Christian County in the state of Illinois.
The total City Population for Sicily is about 3,590 with about 1 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $147,300, which is roughly 7% lower than the Average Home Value of $158,411 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 32% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $69,286, which is roughly 0% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $69,427 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 6% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.55
Male Population Estimate: 49.5%
Female Population Estimate: 50.5%
Median Age: 38.1
Male Median Age: 37.7
Female Median Age: 38.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
J. B. Pritzker
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Sicily specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Christian County: About 5.14185 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Christian County: About 814.522 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Christian County is about 23% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 65% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Illinois is ranked #10 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 70.95 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 61.76
The average living wage for the state of Illinois is $32.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Illinois a minimum wage score of 62.16 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.60/hr, which gives Illinois a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Illinois is $232.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.57 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Illinois does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Illinois does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Illinois does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Illinois does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Illinois does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Illinois does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Illinois does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Illinois does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Illinois does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Illinois does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Illinois does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Illinois does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Illinois does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Illinois does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Illinois does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Illinois does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Tovey, IL ( 2.27 mi. )
- Bulpitt, IL ( 3.48 mi. )
- Kincaid, IL ( 3.98 mi. )
- Pawnee, IL ( 4.98 mi. )
- New City, IL ( 6.02 mi. )
- Edinburg, IL ( 7.12 mi. )
- Langleyville, IL ( 7.25 mi. )
- Sharpsburg, IL ( 7.63 mi. )
- Breckenridge, IL ( 7.86 mi. )
- Edenburg, IL ( 8.63 mi. )
- Glenarm, IL ( 8.71 mi. )
- Cimic, IL ( 8.76 mi. )
- Divernon, IL ( 8.80 mi. )
- Berry, IL ( 8.91 mi. )
- Clarksdale, IL ( 9.54 mi. )
- Palmer, IL ( 10.10 mi. )
- Hewittsville, IL ( 10.63 mi. )
- Jeiseyville, IL ( 10.63 mi. )
- Buckhart, IL ( 11.30 mi. )
- Rochester, IL ( 11.31 mi. )
- Roby, IL ( 11.39 mi. )
- Morrisonville, IL ( 11.75 mi. )
- Taylorville, IL ( 11.90 mi. )
- Chatham, IL ( 12.19 mi. )
- Bolivia, IL ( 13.01 mi. )
- Farmersville, IL ( 13.38 mi. )
- Auburn, IL ( 13.49 mi. )
- Willeys, IL ( 13.72 mi. )
- Southern View, IL ( 14.17 mi. )
- Thayer, IL ( 14.61 mi. )
- Springfield, IL ( 15.19 mi. )
- Mechanicsburg, IL ( 15.31 mi. )
- Jerome, IL ( 15.79 mi. )
- Clear Lake, IL ( 15.98 mi. )
- Virden, IL ( 15.99 mi. )
- Harvel, IL ( 16.19 mi. )
- Stonington, IL ( 16.26 mi. )
- Leland Grove, IL ( 16.56 mi. )
- Old Stonington, IL ( 16.64 mi. )
- Central Il Public Service, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Dept Of Transportation, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Dept Public Property Cwlp, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Healthcare And Family Serv, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Hope School, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Horace Mann Ins, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Hwy Accident Bureau, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Il Dept Human Services, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Il Dept Ins, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
- Il Dept Public Health, IL ( 16.71 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 62558
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 600.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 217