About Richland, IL
Richland, IL is located in Sangamon County in the state of Illinois.
The total City Population for Richland is about 2,562 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $148,400, which is roughly 1% higher than the Average Home Value of $146,763 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 21% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $66,382, which is roughly 7% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $61,980 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 13% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.57
Male Population Estimate: 50.4%
Female Population Estimate: 49.6%
Median Age: 43.6
Male Median Age: 43.3
Female Median Age: 43.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
J. B. Pritzker
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Richland specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Sangamon County: About 5.14185 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Sangamon County: About 814.522 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Sangamon County is about 23% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 65% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Illinois is ranked #10 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 70.95 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 61.76
The average living wage for the state of Illinois is $32.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Illinois a minimum wage score of 62.16 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.60/hr, which gives Illinois a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Illinois is $232.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.57 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Illinois does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Illinois does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Illinois does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Illinois does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Illinois does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Illinois does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Illinois does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Illinois does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Illinois does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Illinois does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Illinois does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Illinois does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Illinois does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Illinois does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Illinois does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Illinois does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Pleasant Plns, IL ( 0.78 mi. )
- Farmingdale, IL ( 3.19 mi. )
- Pleasant Plains, IL ( 3.76 mi. )
- Salisbury, IL ( 4.39 mi. )
- Riddle Hill, IL ( 6.43 mi. )
- Bradfordton, IL ( 6.48 mi. )
- Berlin, IL ( 6.58 mi. )
- Old Berlin, IL ( 7.00 mi. )
- Archer, IL ( 7.87 mi. )
- Tallula, IL ( 8.04 mi. )
- Curran, IL ( 8.33 mi. )
- Bates, IL ( 8.42 mi. )
- Ashland, IL ( 8.46 mi. )
- New Berlin, IL ( 8.79 mi. )
- Prentice, IL ( 9.86 mi. )
- Island Grove, IL ( 10.02 mi. )
- Tice, IL ( 10.19 mi. )
- Lincolns New Salem, IL ( 10.30 mi. )
- Leland Grove, IL ( 10.35 mi. )
- Yatesville, IL ( 10.72 mi. )
- Athens, IL ( 10.78 mi. )
- Jerome, IL ( 10.95 mi. )
- DHS Dept Of Mental Health, IL ( 11.19 mi. )
- Cantrall, IL ( 11.33 mi. )
- Petersburg, IL ( 11.65 mi. )
- Barr, IL ( 11.71 mi. )
- Central Il Public Service, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Dept Of Transportation, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Dept Public Property Cwlp, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Healthcare And Family Serv, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Hope School, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Horace Mann Ins, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Hwy Accident Bureau, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Il Dept Human Services, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Il Dept Ins, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Il Dept Public Health, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- IL Dept Reg And Educ, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Il Dept Revenue, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Il Office Educ, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Il Ro Tax Div, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Il Sec State, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Memorial Med Ctr, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Secy Of State Vehicle Svcs, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- St Johns Hospital, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- State Of Illinois, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- State Rev 3386, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- State Rev 3667, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- State Rev Box 3547, IL ( 11.78 mi. )
- Loami, IL ( 11.83 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 62677
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 607.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 217