About Naperville, IL
Naperville, IL is located in Dupage County in the state of Illinois.
The total City Population for Naperville is about 149,013 with about 1,459 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $433,339, which is roughly 66% higher than the Average Home Value of $146,763 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 56% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $135,772, which is roughly 54% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $61,980 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 58% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.94
Male Population Estimate: 49.5%
Female Population Estimate: 50.5%
Median Age: 39.3
Male Median Age: 26.2
Female Median Age: 27.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
J. B. Pritzker
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Naperville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Dupage County: About 1.49011 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Dupage County: About 88.586 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Dupage County is about 62% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 69% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Naperville is about 4.5%.
Illinois is ranked #10 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 70.95 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 61.76
The average living wage for the state of Illinois is $32.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Illinois a minimum wage score of 62.16 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.60/hr, which gives Illinois a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Illinois is $232.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.57 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Illinois does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Illinois does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Illinois does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Illinois does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Illinois does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Illinois does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Illinois does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Illinois does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Illinois does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Illinois does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Illinois does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Illinois does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Illinois does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Illinois does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Illinois does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Illinois does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- At & T, IL ( 3.93 mi. )
- Eola, IL ( 4.45 mi. )
- Lisle, IL ( 4.99 mi. )
- Warrenville, IL ( 5.14 mi. )
- Bolingbrook, IL ( 5.18 mi. )
- Follett Books Corp, IL ( 5.27 mi. )
- Woodridge, IL ( 6.48 mi. )
- Aurora, IL ( 6.49 mi. )
- Valley View, IL ( 7.60 mi. )
- Nicor Gas, IL ( 8.00 mi. )
- Northern Il Gas, IL ( 8.00 mi. )
- Northern Ill Gas Co, IL ( 8.00 mi. )
- Wheaton, IL ( 8.03 mi. )
- Downers Grove, IL ( 8.31 mi. )
- Romeoville, IL ( 8.72 mi. )
- Winfield, IL ( 9.06 mi. )
- Boulder Hill, IL ( 9.09 mi. )
- Plainfield, IL ( 9.31 mi. )
- Darien, IL ( 9.47 mi. )
- Glendale Hts, IL ( 9.67 mi. )
- Glen Ellyn, IL ( 9.75 mi. )
- Oswego, IL ( 9.89 mi. )
- North Aurora, IL ( 9.96 mi. )
- Montgmry, IL ( 10.10 mi. )
- Mooseheart, IL ( 10.15 mi. )
- Batavia, IL ( 10.16 mi. )
- Montgomery, IL ( 10.31 mi. )
- Westmont, IL ( 10.39 mi. )
- Northwoods, IL ( 10.50 mi. )
- West Chicago, IL ( 10.67 mi. )
- Flowerfield, IL ( 10.67 mi. )
- Lemont, IL ( 10.84 mi. )
- Clarendon Hls, IL ( 11.17 mi. )
- Clarendon Hills, IL ( 11.31 mi. )
- Willowbrook, IL ( 11.41 mi. )
- Citicorp, IL ( 11.47 mi. )
- Household Finance Corp, IL ( 11.47 mi. )
- Household Financial Services, IL ( 11.47 mi. )
- North Suburban, IL ( 11.47 mi. )
- Lombard, IL ( 11.64 mi. )
- Carol Stream, IL ( 11.88 mi. )
- Burridge, IL ( 11.92 mi. )
- Willow Brook, IL ( 11.92 mi. )
- Fox Valley, IL ( 11.98 mi. )
- Fox Valley Facility, IL ( 11.98 mi. )
- Geneva, IL ( 12.39 mi. )
- Crest Hill, IL ( 12.44 mi. )
- Oakbrook Terrace, IL ( 12.49 mi. )
- Oak Brook, IL ( 12.64 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 60540, 60563, 60564, 60565, 60567 (5 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 700.3 ft.
Area Code(s): 630, 331