About Mitchell, IL
Mitchell, IL is located in Madison County in the state of Illinois.
The total City Population for Mitchell is about 1,129 with about 852 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $82,800, which is roughly 48% lower than the Average Home Value of $158,411 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 62% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $42,125, which is roughly 39% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $69,427 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 35% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.46
Male Population Estimate: 49.4%
Female Population Estimate: 50.6%
Median Age: 39.8
Male Median Age: 37.6
Female Median Age: 39.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
J. B. Pritzker
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Mitchell specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Madison County: About 4.19669 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Madison County: About 248.726 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Madison County is about 6% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 14% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Mitchell is about 5.3%.
Illinois is ranked #10 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 70.95 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 61.76
The average living wage for the state of Illinois is $32.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Illinois a minimum wage score of 62.16 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.60/hr, which gives Illinois a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Illinois is $232.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.57 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Illinois does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Illinois does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Illinois does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Illinois does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Illinois does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Illinois does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Illinois does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Illinois does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Illinois does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Illinois does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Illinois does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Illinois does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Illinois does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Illinois does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Illinois does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Illinois does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Lakeview, IL ( 2.47 mi. )
- Pontoon Beach, IL ( 3.13 mi. )
- Granite City, IL ( 3.36 mi. )
- South Roxana, IL ( 3.55 mi. )
- Hartford, IL ( 3.85 mi. )
- Southern Illinois University, IL ( 4.94 mi. )
- Roxana, IL ( 5.09 mi. )
- Glen Carbon, IL ( 5.36 mi. )
- Edwardsville, IL ( 5.45 mi. )
- Rosewood, IL ( 5.55 mi. )
- Madison, IL ( 5.58 mi. )
- Pleasant Ridge, IL ( 6.25 mi. )
- Glasgow Village, MO ( 6.30 mi. )
- Glasgow Vlg, MO ( 6.67 mi. )
- North County, MO ( 6.67 mi. )
- Maryville, IL ( 6.79 mi. )
- Wood River, IL ( 6.91 mi. )
- Spanish Lake, MO ( 7.01 mi. )
- Riverview, MO ( 7.09 mi. )
- Cloverleaf, IL ( 7.19 mi. )
- Eagle Park, IL ( 7.19 mi. )
- Newport, IL ( 7.19 mi. )
- Collinsville, IL ( 7.20 mi. )
- State Park Place, IL ( 7.44 mi. )
- Venice, IL ( 7.86 mi. )
- Fairmont City, IL ( 7.86 mi. )
- Bellefontaine Neighbors, MO ( 7.91 mi. )
- East Alton, IL ( 8.46 mi. )
- Moline Acres, MO ( 8.77 mi. )
- Brooklyn, IL ( 8.84 mi. )
- Lovejoy, IL ( 8.96 mi. )
- Stites, IL ( 8.96 mi. )
- National Stock Yards, IL ( 8.99 mi. )
- Natl Stock Yd, IL ( 8.99 mi. )
- Washingtn Park, IL ( 9.14 mi. )
- Washington Pk, IL ( 9.14 mi. )
- East Saint Louis, IL ( 9.42 mi. )
- E Saint Louis, IL ( 9.42 mi. )
- E St Louis, IL ( 9.42 mi. )
- East St Louis, IL ( 9.42 mi. )
- Caseyville, IL ( 9.53 mi. )
- Dunlap Lake, IL ( 9.59 mi. )
- Lumaghi Heights, IL ( 9.64 mi. )
- Cottage Hills, IL ( 9.69 mi. )
- Bethalto, IL ( 9.74 mi. )
- West Alton, MO ( 9.88 mi. )
- Fairview Hieghts, IL ( 9.92 mi. )
- Hollywood Heights, IL ( 10.12 mi. )
- Black Jack, MO ( 10.13 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 62040
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 420.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 618