About Merrimac, IL
Merrimac, IL is located in Monroe County in the state of Illinois.
The total City Population for Merrimac is about 1,599 with about 2 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $160,200, which is roughly 1% higher than the Average Home Value of $158,411 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 26% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $78,654, which is roughly 12% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $69,427 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 17% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.85
Male Population Estimate: 50.2%
Female Population Estimate: 49.8%
Median Age: 36.1
Male Median Age: 35.3
Female Median Age: 36.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
J. B. Pritzker
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Merrimac specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Monroe County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Monroe County: About 31.1245 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Monroe County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 89% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Illinois is ranked #10 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 70.95 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 61.76
The average living wage for the state of Illinois is $32.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Illinois a minimum wage score of 62.16 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.60/hr, which gives Illinois a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Illinois is $232.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.57 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Illinois does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Illinois does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Illinois does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Illinois does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Illinois does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Illinois does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Illinois does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Illinois does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Illinois does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Illinois does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Illinois does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Illinois does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Illinois does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Illinois does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Illinois does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Illinois does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Kimmswick, MO ( 1.72 mi. )
- Imperial, MO ( 2.02 mi. )
- Fountain, IL ( 2.80 mi. )
- Sulphur Springs, MO ( 3.25 mi. )
- Liguori, MO ( 4.20 mi. )
- Barnhart, MO ( 4.54 mi. )
- Arnold, MO ( 4.60 mi. )
- Valmeyer, IL ( 4.85 mi. )
- Sulphur Spg, MO ( 5.14 mi. )
- Oakville, MO ( 5.37 mi. )
- New Hanover, IL ( 5.85 mi. )
- Pevely, MO ( 6.81 mi. )
- Antonia, MO ( 7.18 mi. )
- Herculaneum, MO ( 8.48 mi. )
- Madonnaville, IL ( 8.68 mi. )
- Monroe City, IL ( 8.74 mi. )
- Columbia, IL ( 8.77 mi. )
- Horine, MO ( 8.96 mi. )
- Otto, MO ( 9.03 mi. )
- Mehlville, MO ( 9.09 mi. )
- Wartburg, IL ( 9.30 mi. )
- Waterloo, IL ( 9.96 mi. )
- Crystal City, MO ( 10.56 mi. )
- Green Park, MO ( 10.59 mi. )
- Foster Pond, IL ( 10.63 mi. )
- Lou Del, IL ( 10.63 mi. )
- St Joe, IL ( 10.63 mi. )
- Sappington, MO ( 10.92 mi. )
- Festus, MO ( 11.25 mi. )
- Maritz Inc, MO ( 11.26 mi. )
- Maeystown, IL ( 11.35 mi. )
- Lemay, MO ( 11.47 mi. )
- Lakeshire, MO ( 11.68 mi. )
- Mapaville, MO ( 11.70 mi. )
- Murphy, MO ( 11.74 mi. )
- Dupo, IL ( 11.76 mi. )
- Sunset Hills, MO ( 11.78 mi. )
- Burksville, IL ( 12.13 mi. )
- Bella Villa, MO ( 12.20 mi. )
- Grantwood Vlg, MO ( 12.31 mi. )
- Affton, MO ( 12.37 mi. )
- Grantwood Village, MO ( 12.47 mi. )
- High Ridge, MO ( 12.49 mi. )
- Fenton, MO ( 12.51 mi. )
- East Carondelet, IL ( 12.63 mi. )
- Wilbur Park, MO ( 12.66 mi. )
- E Carondelet, IL ( 12.94 mi. )
- Parkdale, MO ( 12.96 mi. )
- House Springs, MO ( 13.07 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 62295
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 385.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 618