About Barr, IL
Barr, IL is located in Sangamon County in the state of Illinois.
The total City Population for Barr is about 1,454 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $106,100, which is roughly 33% lower than the Average Home Value of $158,411 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 51% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $48,750, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $69,427 for the state of Illinois, and roughly 25% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.36
Male Population Estimate: 50.1%
Female Population Estimate: 49.9%
Median Age: 44.6
Male Median Age: 43.8
Female Median Age: 45.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
J. B. Pritzker
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Barr specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Sangamon County: About 3.1 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2019)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Sangamon County: About 170.074 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Sangamon County is about 22% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 41% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Illinois is ranked #10 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 70.95 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 61.76
The average living wage for the state of Illinois is $32.53/hr, while the states minimum wage is $11.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Illinois a minimum wage score of 62.16 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.60/hr, which gives Illinois a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 48.44 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Illinois is $232.80, resulting in a UI benefit score of 54.57 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Illinois does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Illinois does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Illinois does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Illinois does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Illinois does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Illinois does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Illinois does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Illinois does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Illinois does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Illinois does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Illinois does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Illinois does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Illinois does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Illinois does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Illinois does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Illinois does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Illinois does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Athens, IL ( 1.31 mi. )
- Cantrall, IL ( 2.08 mi. )
- Tice, IL ( 5.42 mi. )
- Andrew, IL ( 5.49 mi. )
- Fancy Prairie, IL ( 5.71 mi. )
- Sweetwater, IL ( 6.35 mi. )
- Sherman, IL ( 7.02 mi. )
- Salisbury, IL ( 7.32 mi. )
- Devereux Heights, IL ( 7.52 mi. )
- Williamsville, IL ( 7.96 mi. )
- Lincolns New Salem, IL ( 8.40 mi. )
- Petersburg, IL ( 8.63 mi. )
- Greenview, IL ( 8.79 mi. )
- Bradfordton, IL ( 9.83 mi. )
- Bissell, IL ( 10.06 mi. )
- Spaulding, IL ( 10.43 mi. )
- Grandview, IL ( 10.82 mi. )
- Atterberry, IL ( 10.99 mi. )
- Atterbury, IL ( 10.99 mi. )
- Middletown, IL ( 11.04 mi. )
- Farmingdale, IL ( 11.22 mi. )
- Barclay, IL ( 11.23 mi. )
- Central Il Public Service, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Dept Of Transportation, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Dept Public Property Cwlp, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Healthcare And Family Serv, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Hope School, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Horace Mann Ins, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Hwy Accident Bureau, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Il Dept Human Services, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Il Dept Ins, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Il Dept Public Health, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- IL Dept Reg And Educ, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Il Dept Revenue, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Il Office Educ, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Il Ro Tax Div, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Il Sec State, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Memorial Med Ctr, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- Secy Of State Vehicle Svcs, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- St Johns Hospital, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- State Of Illinois, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- State Rev 3386, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- State Rev 3667, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- State Rev Box 3547, IL ( 11.42 mi. )
- DHS Dept Of Mental Health, IL ( 11.51 mi. )
- Riverton, IL ( 11.71 mi. )
- Richland, IL ( 11.71 mi. )
- Hubly, IL ( 12.15 mi. )
- Clear Lake, IL ( 12.29 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 62613
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 653.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 217