Coeur D Alene's Livability
About Coeur D Alene, ID
Coeur D Alene, ID is located in Kootenai County in the state of Idaho.
The total City Population for Coeur D Alene is about 54,386 with about 63 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $272,500, which is roughly 37% higher than the Average Home Value of $171,026 for the state of Idaho, and roughly 31% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $26,008, which is roughly 45% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $47,141 for the state of Idaho, and roughly 55% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.85
Male Population Estimate: 49%
Female Population Estimate: 51%
Median Age: 19.175
Male Median Age: 28.3
Female Median Age: 31.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Coeur D Alene specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Kootenai County: About 2.40499 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Kootenai County: About 255.342 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Kootenai County is about 39% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 11% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Coeur D Alene is about 3%.
Idaho is ranked #41 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 24.75 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 13.95
The average living wage for the state of Idaho is $31.29/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Idaho a minimum wage score of 6.86 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.35/hr, which gives Idaho a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 30.66 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Idaho is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.2 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Idaho does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Idaho does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Idaho does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Idaho does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Idaho does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Idaho does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Idaho does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Idaho does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Idaho does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Idaho does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Idaho does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Idaho does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Idaho does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Idaho does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Idaho does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Idaho does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Idaho does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Idaho does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Fernan Lk Vlg, ID ( 0.00 mi. )
- Fernan Lake Village, ID ( 4.75 mi. )
- CDA, ID ( 5.74 mi. )
- Dalton Gardens, ID ( 8.83 mi. )
- Dalton Gdns, ID ( 8.87 mi. )
- Huetter, ID ( 9.76 mi. )
- Medimont, ID ( 10.54 mi. )
- Hayden Lake, ID ( 10.55 mi. )
- Rose Lake, ID ( 11.28 mi. )
- Hayden, ID ( 11.72 mi. )
- Harrison, ID ( 11.90 mi. )
- Post Falls, ID ( 13.82 mi. )
- Garwood, ID ( 15.32 mi. )
- Rathdrum, ID ( 15.61 mi. )
- Cataldo, ID ( 17.14 mi. )
- Chilco, ID ( 17.14 mi. )
- State Line, ID ( 17.50 mi. )
- East Farms, WA ( 18.24 mi. )
- Twin Lakes, ID ( 18.35 mi. )
- Hauser, ID ( 18.44 mi. )
- Worley, ID ( 18.70 mi. )
- Kingston, ID ( 19.78 mi. )
- Liberty Lake, WA ( 19.88 mi. )
- Otis Orchards, WA ( 20.49 mi. )
- Enaville, ID ( 20.51 mi. )
- Greenacres, WA ( 21.22 mi. )
- Spo Valley, WA ( 21.22 mi. )
- Spokane Vly, WA ( 21.22 mi. )
- City Of Spokane Valley, WA ( 21.25 mi. )
- Belmont, ID ( 21.27 mi. )
- Pinehurst, ID ( 21.72 mi. )
- Newman Lake, WA ( 22.03 mi. )
- Plummer, ID ( 22.09 mi. )
- Athol, ID ( 22.65 mi. )
- Veradale, WA ( 23.83 mi. )
- Rockford, WA ( 23.89 mi. )
- Smelterville, ID ( 24.11 mi. )
- Mica, WA ( 25.04 mi. )
- Spirit Lake, ID ( 25.46 mi. )
- Bayview, ID ( 25.56 mi. )
- Kellogg, ID ( 25.81 mi. )
- Spokane Valley, WA ( 25.85 mi. )
- Saint Maries, ID ( 26.27 mi. )
- St Maries, ID ( 26.27 mi. )
- Wardner, ID ( 26.40 mi. )
- Valleyford, WA ( 26.62 mi. )
- Granite, ID ( 27.02 mi. )
- Fairfield, WA ( 28.09 mi. )
- Millwood, WA ( 28.19 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 83814, 83815, 83816 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 2183.3 ft.
Area Code(s): 208