Fort Shafter's Livability
About Fort Shafter, HI
Fort Shafter, HI is located in Honolulu County in the state of Hawaii.
The total population for Honolulu County is about 85,366.
The Average Home Value is $657,018 for Honolulu County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $658,867 for the state of Hawaii, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $86,140 for the state of Hawaii, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Black Population Estimate: N/A
Hispanic Population Estimate: N/A
Asian Population Estimate: N/A
Hawaiian Population Estimate: N/A
Indian Population Estimate: N/A
Other Population Estimate: N/A
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Fort Shafter specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Honolulu County: About 2.31554 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Honolulu County: About 237.652 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Honolulu County is about 41% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 17% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Fort Shafter is about 4.9%.
Hawaii is ranked #14 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 64.29 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 45.11
The average living wage for the state of Hawaii is $40.4/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.10/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Hawaii a minimum wage score of 16.36 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $9.35/hr, which gives Hawaii a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 90.43 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Hawaii is $250.10, resulting in a UI benefit score of 35.66 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Hawaii does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Hawaii does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Hawaii does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Hawaii does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Hawaii does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Hawaii does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Hawaii does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Hawaii does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ Hawaii does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Hawaii does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Hawaii does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Hawaii does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Hawaii does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Hawaii does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Hawaii does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Hawaii does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Hawaii does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Hawaii does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Wake Island, HI ( 1.10 mi. )
- Honolulu, HI ( 2.81 mi. )
- Tripler Army Medical Center, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Bancorp, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Bancorp Hawaii, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Bank Of Hawaii, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Board Of Water Supply, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- East West Center, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- First Hawaiian Bank, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Hawaiian Electric Company, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Hawaiian Telcom, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Hon, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Hono, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Tripler Army Med Ctr, HI ( 2.94 mi. )
- Camp H M Smith, HI ( 3.48 mi. )
- Jbphh, HI ( 3.85 mi. )
- Jb Pearl Harbor Hickam, HI ( 3.85 mi. )
- Joint Base Pearl Hbr Hickam, HI ( 3.85 mi. )
- Aiea, HI ( 3.97 mi. )
- University Of Hawaii, HI ( 5.34 mi. )
- Pearl City, HI ( 6.23 mi. )
- Ewa Beach, HI ( 7.77 mi. )
- Kaneohe, HI ( 7.84 mi. )
- Waipahu, HI ( 8.46 mi. )
- Mililani, HI ( 8.82 mi. )
- Waimanalo, HI ( 10.18 mi. )
- Kailua, HI ( 10.26 mi. )
- Mcbh Kaneohe Bay, HI ( 10.92 mi. )
- Kalaeloa, HI ( 11.48 mi. )
- Kapolei, HI ( 11.52 mi. )
- Makakilo, HI ( 12.47 mi. )
- Kunia, HI ( 13.84 mi. )
- Wheeler Army Airfield, HI ( 13.91 mi. )
- Wheeler Aaf, HI ( 13.91 mi. )
- Wahiawa, HI ( 13.95 mi. )
- Kaaawa, HI ( 14.65 mi. )
- Schofield Barracks, HI ( 15.43 mi. )
- Helemano Mltry Res, HI ( 16.34 mi. )
- Helemano Mltry Reservation, HI ( 16.34 mi. )
- Schofield, HI ( 16.34 mi. )
- Nanakuli, HI ( 16.82 mi. )
- Hauula, HI ( 18.86 mi. )
- Waianae, HI ( 20.18 mi. )
- Laie, HI ( 21.24 mi. )
- Waialua, HI ( 21.61 mi. )
- Haleiwa, HI ( 22.40 mi. )
- Kahuku, HI ( 23.81 mi. )
- Maunaloa, HI ( 45.78 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 96858
TimeZone: Hawaii-Aleutian Islands (GMT -10:00)
Daylight Saving: No
Average Elevation: 6.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 808