Sandy Spgs' Livability
About Sandy Spgs, GA
Sandy Spgs, GA is located in Dekalb County in the state of Georgia.
The total City Population for Sandy Spgs is about 207,519 with about 261 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $475,700, which is roughly 65% higher than the Average Home Value of $167,204 for the state of Georgia, and roughly 54% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $67,032, which is roughly 14% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,657 for the state of Georgia, and roughly 3% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.52
Male Population Estimate: 48.2%
Female Population Estimate: 51.8%
Median Age: 25.35
Male Median Age: 24.9
Female Median Age: 25.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Sandy Spgs specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Dekalb County: About 12.5487 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Dekalb County: About 644.478 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Dekalb County is about 69% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 55% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Sandy Spgs is about 6.1%.
Georgia is ranked #51 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 7.47 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 8.26
The average living wage for the state of Georgia is $32.23/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Georgia a minimum wage score of 3.35 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Georgia a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Georgia is $179.52, resulting in a UI benefit score of 23.52 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Georgia does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Georgia does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Georgia does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Georgia does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Georgia does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Georgia does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Georgia does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Georgia does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Georgia does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Georgia does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Georgia does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Georgia does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Georgia does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Georgia does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Georgia does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X Georgia does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Georgia does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Georgia does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- North Atlanta, GA ( 0.00 mi. )
- Brookhaven, GA ( 0.26 mi. )
- Chamblee, GA ( 1.97 mi. )
- Tuxedo, GA ( 2.56 mi. )
- Briarcliff, GA ( 3.53 mi. )
- Doraville, GA ( 4.16 mi. )
- Sandy Springs, GA ( 4.59 mi. )
- Dunwoody, GA ( 4.63 mi. )
- North Springs, GA ( 4.75 mi. )
- Vista Grove, GA ( 5.01 mi. )
- North Decatur, GA ( 5.48 mi. )
- Winters Chapel, GA ( 5.51 mi. )
- Emory University, GA ( 5.63 mi. )
- North Highland Finance, GA ( 6.19 mi. )
- Embry Hls, GA ( 6.39 mi. )
- Perimeter Center Finance, GA ( 6.39 mi. )
- Druid Hills, GA ( 6.44 mi. )
- Cumberland, GA ( 6.91 mi. )
- Overlook Sru, GA ( 6.91 mi. )
- Vinnings, GA ( 6.91 mi. )
- Scottdale, GA ( 6.98 mi. )
- Clarkston, GA ( 7.03 mi. )
- Little Five Points Pstl Str, GA ( 7.11 mi. )
- Decatur, GA ( 7.64 mi. )
- Georgia Tech, GA ( 7.77 mi. )
- Vinings, GA ( 7.80 mi. )
- Tucker, GA ( 7.90 mi. )
- Avondale Estates, GA ( 8.41 mi. )
- Norcross, GA ( 8.42 mi. )
- Avondale Est, GA ( 8.50 mi. )
- Peachtree Corners, GA ( 8.52 mi. )
- Peachtree Cor, GA ( 8.68 mi. )
- Parkway, GA ( 8.78 mi. )
- Georgia State University, GA ( 9.22 mi. )
- Irs Service Center, GA ( 9.37 mi. )
- Atlanta, GA ( 9.38 mi. )
- Atlanta NDC, GA ( 9.40 mi. )
- Lenox Sq Finance, GA ( 9.40 mi. )
- Lenox Square Finance, GA ( 9.40 mi. )
- Mellon Bank, GA ( 9.40 mi. )
- Wells Fargo, GA ( 9.40 mi. )
- ATT Bellsouth, GA ( 9.42 mi. )
- Suntrust, GA ( 9.42 mi. )
- Pine Lake, GA ( 9.47 mi. )
- Belvedere, GA ( 9.47 mi. )
- Dunaire, GA ( 9.47 mi. )
- Atl, GA ( 9.67 mi. )
- Memorial Square, GA ( 10.05 mi. )
- St Mountain, GA ( 10.05 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 30319, 30327, 30328, 30338, 30339, 30342, 30350, 30358, 31150, 31156 (10 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 978.1 ft.
Area Code(s): 404, 470, 678, 770