About Lavonia, GA
Lavonia, GA is located in Franklin County in the state of Georgia.
The total City Population for Lavonia is about 2,711 with about 220 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $143,787, which is roughly 3% higher than the Average Home Value of $139,998 for the state of Georgia, and roughly 24% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $32,606, which is roughly 34% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $49,600 for the state of Georgia, and roughly 43% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.43
Male Population Estimate: 49.2%
Female Population Estimate: 50.8%
Median Age: 31.9
Male Median Age: 41.4
Female Median Age: 45.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Lavonia specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Franklin County: About 8.85538 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Franklin County: About 145.435 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Franklin County is about 55% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 49% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Lavonia is about 9.7%.
Georgia is ranked #51 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 7.47 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 8.26
The average living wage for the state of Georgia is $32.23/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Georgia a minimum wage score of 3.35 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Georgia a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Georgia is $179.52, resulting in a UI benefit score of 23.52 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Georgia does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Georgia does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Georgia does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Georgia does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Georgia does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Georgia does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Georgia does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Georgia does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Georgia does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Georgia does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Georgia does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Georgia does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Georgia does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Georgia does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Georgia does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X Georgia does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Georgia does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Georgia does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Bowersville, GA ( 4.44 mi. )
- Canon, GA ( 6.12 mi. )
- Martin, GA ( 6.26 mi. )
- Avalon, GA ( 6.93 mi. )
- Carnesville, GA ( 8.28 mi. )
- Fair Play, SC ( 8.59 mi. )
- Royston, GA ( 10.22 mi. )
- Eastanollee, GA ( 10.30 mi. )
- Franklin Springs, GA ( 10.59 mi. )
- Franklin Spgs, GA ( 10.76 mi. )
- Hartwell, GA ( 11.75 mi. )
- Madison, SC ( 14.82 mi. )
- Townville, SC ( 14.90 mi. )
- Westminster, SC ( 16.01 mi. )
- Toccoa, GA ( 16.04 mi. )
- Bowman, GA ( 16.41 mi. )
- Richland, SC ( 17.48 mi. )
- Toccoa Falls, GA ( 18.01 mi. )
- Seneca, SC ( 19.06 mi. )
- Five Points, SC ( 20.07 mi. )
- Dewy Rose, GA ( 20.73 mi. )
- Ila, GA ( 20.90 mi. )
- Danielsville, GA ( 22.36 mi. )
- Long Creek, SC ( 22.64 mi. )
- West Union, SC ( 22.73 mi. )
- Clemson University, SC ( 22.77 mi. )
- Newry, SC ( 22.85 mi. )
- La France, SC ( 22.95 mi. )
- Mount Airy, GA ( 23.00 mi. )
- Homer, GA ( 23.28 mi. )
- Sandy Springs, SC ( 23.31 mi. )
- Walhalla, SC ( 23.38 mi. )
- Pendleton, SC ( 23.59 mi. )
- Starr, SC ( 23.82 mi. )
- Clemson, SC ( 24.07 mi. )
- Cornelia, GA ( 24.76 mi. )
- Turnerville, GA ( 25.13 mi. )
- Baldwin, GA ( 25.41 mi. )
- Baker-Taylor, GA ( 25.49 mi. )
- Tallulah Falls, GA ( 25.51 mi. )
- Comer, GA ( 25.68 mi. )
- Commerce, GA ( 25.81 mi. )
- Demorest, GA ( 26.32 mi. )
- Tallulah Fls, GA ( 26.36 mi. )
- Elberton, GA ( 26.38 mi. )
- Alto, GA ( 26.55 mi. )
- Iva, SC ( 26.80 mi. )
- Clarkesville, GA ( 26.84 mi. )
- Anderson, SC ( 26.87 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 30553
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 733.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 706, 762