About Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GA is located in Fulton County in the state of Georgia.
The total City Population for Atlanta is about 492,204 with about 1,420 people per square mile, and the larger Metro Area Population is about 5,046,560.
The Average Home Value is $340,669, which is roughly 59% higher than the Average Home Value of $139,998 for the state of Georgia, and roughly 45% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $69,164, which is roughly 28% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $49,600 for the state of Georgia, and roughly 17% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 0.98
Male Population Estimate: 48.9%
Female Population Estimate: 51.1%
Median Age: 33.4
Male Median Age: 15.9
Female Median Age: 15.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Atlanta specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Fulton County: About 12.0642 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Fulton County: About 763.189 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Fulton County is about 67% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 62% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Atlanta is about 6.1%.
Georgia is ranked #51 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 7.47 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 8.26
The average living wage for the state of Georgia is $32.23/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Georgia a minimum wage score of 3.35 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Georgia a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Georgia is $179.52, resulting in a UI benefit score of 23.52 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Georgia does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Georgia does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Georgia does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Georgia does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Georgia does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Georgia does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Georgia does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Georgia does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Georgia does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Georgia does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Georgia does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Georgia does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Georgia does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Georgia does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Georgia does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X Georgia does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X Georgia does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Georgia does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Irs Service Center, GA ( 1.78 mi. )
- Georgia State University, GA ( 1.83 mi. )
- Georgia Tech, GA ( 1.91 mi. )
- Atlanta NDC, GA ( 2.16 mi. )
- ATT Bellsouth, GA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Lenox Sq Finance, GA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Lenox Square Finance, GA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Mellon Bank, GA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Suntrust, GA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Wells Fargo, GA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Atl, GA ( 2.60 mi. )
- Fort Mcpherson, GA ( 2.72 mi. )
- Embry Hls, GA ( 3.00 mi. )
- Perimeter Center Finance, GA ( 3.00 mi. )
- North Highland Finance, GA ( 4.32 mi. )
- Little Five Points Pstl Str, GA ( 4.97 mi. )
- Druid Hills, GA ( 5.64 mi. )
- Emory University, GA ( 5.84 mi. )
- East Point, GA ( 7.00 mi. )
- Hapeville, GA ( 7.07 mi. )
- Briarcliff, GA ( 7.12 mi. )
- Decatur, GA ( 7.24 mi. )
- Vinings, GA ( 7.28 mi. )
- Cumberland, GA ( 8.03 mi. )
- Overlook Sru, GA ( 8.03 mi. )
- Vinnings, GA ( 8.03 mi. )
- North Decatur, GA ( 8.24 mi. )
- Industrial, GA ( 8.27 mi. )
- Belvedere, GA ( 8.56 mi. )
- Dunaire, GA ( 8.56 mi. )
- Tuxedo, GA ( 8.59 mi. )
- Vista Grove, GA ( 8.62 mi. )
- Smyrna, GA ( 8.82 mi. )
- Mableton, GA ( 8.94 mi. )
- Avondale Estates, GA ( 9.04 mi. )
- College Park, GA ( 9.06 mi. )
- Brookhaven, GA ( 9.29 mi. )
- Avondale Est, GA ( 9.36 mi. )
- Scottdale, GA ( 9.37 mi. )
- North Atlanta, GA ( 9.38 mi. )
- Sandy Spgs, GA ( 9.38 mi. )
- Conley, GA ( 9.77 mi. )
- Forest, GA ( 10.19 mi. )
- Forest Park, GA ( 10.44 mi. )
- Red Oak, GA ( 10.49 mi. )
- Chamblee, GA ( 10.89 mi. )
- Clarkston, GA ( 10.96 mi. )
- Fort Gillem, GA ( 11.13 mi. )
- Gillem Enclave, GA ( 11.13 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 30301, 30302, 30303, 30304, 30305, 30306, 30307, 30308, 30309, 30310, 30311, 30312, 30313, 30314, 30315, 30316, 30317, 30318, 30319, 30321, 30322, 30324, 30325, 30326, 30327, 30331, 30332, 30333, 30334, 30342, 30343, 30348, 30353, 30354, 30355, 30357, 30361, 30363, 30368, 30369, 30370, 30371, 30375, 30377, 30392, 30394, 30398, 31106, 31107, 31126, 3113931141, 31193, 31195, 31196 (55 Total Zip Codes) View All Zip Codes Latitude: 33.762800
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 987.4 ft.
Area Code(s): 404, 470, 678, 770