White Springs' Livability
About White Springs, FL
White Springs, FL is located in Hamilton County in the state of Florida.
The total City Population for White Springs is about 819 with about 204 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $68,718, which is roughly 73% lower than the Average Home Value of $255,473 for the state of Florida, and roughly 68% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $26,429, which is roughly 59% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $64,192 for the state of Florida, and roughly 59% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.40
Male Population Estimate: 44.2%
Female Population Estimate: 55.8%
Median Age: 37.3
Male Median Age: 42.2
Female Median Age: 46.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of White Springs specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Hamilton County: About 11.0022 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Hamilton County: About 331.692 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Hamilton County is about 64% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 13% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for White Springs is about 13.7%.
Florida is ranked #32 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 36.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 30.13
The average living wage for the state of Florida is $32.28/hr, while the states minimum wage is $8.65/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Florida a minimum wage score of 25.7 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.98/hr, which gives Florida a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 75.11 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Florida is $173.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.4 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Florida does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Florida does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Florida does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Florida does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Florida does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Florida does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Florida does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Florida does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Florida does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Florida does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Florida does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Florida does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Florida does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Florida does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Florida does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Florida does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Florida does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Florida does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Wellborn, FL ( 7.91 mi. )
- Lake City, FL ( 11.74 mi. )
- Live Oak, FL ( 13.84 mi. )
- Boys Ranch, FL ( 14.05 mi. )
- Jasper, FL ( 16.84 mi. )
- McAlpin, FL ( 17.69 mi. )
- Mc Alpin, FL ( 19.26 mi. )
- Lulu, FL ( 22.13 mi. )
- O Brien, FL ( 23.49 mi. )
- Fargo, GA ( 26.94 mi. )
- Statenville, GA ( 27.06 mi. )
- Branford, FL ( 27.41 mi. )
- Jennings, FL ( 27.77 mi. )
- Fort White, FL ( 28.38 mi. )
- Dowling Park, FL ( 29.26 mi. )
- Sanderson, FL ( 29.33 mi. )
- Mayo, FL ( 31.71 mi. )
- Glen Saint Mary, FL ( 32.68 mi. )
- Glen St Mary, FL ( 32.68 mi. )
- Lee, FL ( 32.88 mi. )
- Day, FL ( 33.26 mi. )
- Worthngtn Spg, FL ( 33.39 mi. )
- Worthington Springs, FL ( 34.25 mi. )
- Lakepark, GA ( 35.13 mi. )
- Lake Park, GA ( 35.40 mi. )
- Raiford, FL ( 35.98 mi. )
- Santa Fe, FL ( 36.55 mi. )
- High Springs, FL ( 37.48 mi. )
- Macclenny, FL ( 37.77 mi. )
- Brooker, FL ( 39.75 mi. )
- Pinetta, FL ( 39.84 mi. )
- Dasher, GA ( 39.97 mi. )
- Bell, FL ( 40.20 mi. )
- Madison, FL ( 40.29 mi. )
- La Crosse, FL ( 40.80 mi. )
- Alachua, FL ( 41.57 mi. )
- Naylor, GA ( 44.18 mi. )
- Stockton, GA ( 44.67 mi. )
- Saint George, GA ( 44.74 mi. )
- Lawtey, FL ( 45.25 mi. )
- Fanning Spgs, FL ( 45.64 mi. )
- Graham, FL ( 45.74 mi. )
- Du Pont, GA ( 45.88 mi. )
- Maxville, FL ( 46.62 mi. )
- Baldwin, FL ( 46.63 mi. )
- Starke, FL ( 46.69 mi. )
- Valdosta, GA ( 47.40 mi. )
- Remerton, GA ( 48.26 mi. )
- Valdosta State College, GA ( 48.56 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 32096
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 126.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 386