About Sebring, FL
Sebring, FL is located in Highlands County in the state of Florida.
The total City Population for Sebring is about 10,832 with about 381 people per square mile, and the larger Metro Area Population is about 63,287.
The Average Home Value is $113,304, which is roughly 56% lower than the Average Home Value of $255,473 for the state of Florida, and roughly 48% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $32,607, which is roughly 49% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $64,192 for the state of Florida, and roughly 50% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.77
Male Population Estimate: 48.3%
Female Population Estimate: 51.7%
Median Age: 46.8
Male Median Age: 41.9
Female Median Age: 44.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Sebring specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Highlands County: About 5.90894 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Highlands County: About 318.266 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Highlands County is about 33% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 10% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Sebring is about 11.8%.
Florida is ranked #32 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 36.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 30.13
The average living wage for the state of Florida is $32.28/hr, while the states minimum wage is $8.65/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Florida a minimum wage score of 25.7 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.98/hr, which gives Florida a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 75.11 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Florida is $173.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.4 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Florida does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Florida does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Florida does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Florida does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Florida does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Florida does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Florida does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Florida does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Florida does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Florida does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Florida does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Florida does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Florida does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Florida does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Florida does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Florida does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Florida does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Florida does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Avon Park, FL ( 8.46 mi. )
- Lorida, FL ( 12.43 mi. )
- Lake Placid, FL ( 12.98 mi. )
- Frostproof, FL ( 19.32 mi. )
- Zolfo Springs, FL ( 20.48 mi. )
- Wauchula, FL ( 22.40 mi. )
- Indian Lake Estates, FL ( 22.99 mi. )
- Indian Lk Est, FL ( 23.48 mi. )
- Hillcrest Heights, FL ( 23.96 mi. )
- Babson Park, FL ( 25.09 mi. )
- Bowling Green, FL ( 25.31 mi. )
- River Ranch, FL ( 25.54 mi. )
- Lakeshore, FL ( 26.33 mi. )
- Nalcrest, FL ( 26.39 mi. )
- Basinger, FL ( 27.27 mi. )
- Highland Park, FL ( 27.37 mi. )
- Ona, FL ( 27.98 mi. )
- Venus, FL ( 28.90 mi. )
- Alturas, FL ( 29.21 mi. )
- Fort Meade, FL ( 29.32 mi. )
- Arcadia, FL ( 30.49 mi. )
- Sidell, FL ( 30.53 mi. )
- Lake Wales, FL ( 31.78 mi. )
- Bradley, FL ( 32.72 mi. )
- Homeland, FL ( 32.82 mi. )
- Yeehaw, FL ( 34.24 mi. )
- Bartow, FL ( 36.17 mi. )
- Waverly, FL ( 36.48 mi. )
- Cypress Gdns, FL ( 37.14 mi. )
- Wahneta, FL ( 37.21 mi. )
- Palmdale, FL ( 37.66 mi. )
- Yeehaw Junction, FL ( 37.88 mi. )
- Dundee, FL ( 37.98 mi. )
- Florence Vill, FL ( 38.05 mi. )
- Cypress Gardens, FL ( 39.04 mi. )
- Eagle Lake, FL ( 39.15 mi. )
- Kenansville, FL ( 39.62 mi. )
- Eloise, FL ( 39.77 mi. )
- Winter Haven, FL ( 39.92 mi. )
- JPV, FL ( 39.95 mi. )
- Fort Ogden, FL ( 40.78 mi. )
- Lake Hamilton, FL ( 40.82 mi. )
- State Farm Ins, FL ( 41.33 mi. )
- Winter Hvn, FL ( 41.33 mi. )
- Okeechobee, FL ( 41.54 mi. )
- Duette, FL ( 41.75 mi. )
- Highland City, FL ( 42.46 mi. )
- Florence Villa, FL ( 43.61 mi. )
- Mulberry, FL ( 44.09 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 33870, 33871, 33875 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 106.4 ft.
Area Code(s): 863