Saint Augustine's Livability
About Saint Augustine, FL
Saint Augustine, FL is located in St. Johns County in the state of Florida.
The total City Population for Saint Augustine is about 130,149 with about 51 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $352,300, which is roughly 27% higher than the Average Home Value of $255,473 for the state of Florida, and roughly 38% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $50,973, which is roughly 21% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $64,192 for the state of Florida, and roughly 22% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.10
Male Population Estimate: 48.4%
Female Population Estimate: 51.6%
Median Age: 33.35
Male Median Age: 40.4
Female Median Age: 42.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Saint Augustine specifically.
Average # of Homicides for St. Johns County: About 2.54231 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for St. Johns County: About 225.409 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
St. Johns County is about 36% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 22% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Saint Augustine is about 3.9%.
Florida is ranked #32 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 36.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 30.13
The average living wage for the state of Florida is $32.28/hr, while the states minimum wage is $8.65/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Florida a minimum wage score of 25.7 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.98/hr, which gives Florida a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 75.11 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Florida is $173.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.4 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Florida does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Florida does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Florida does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Florida does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Florida does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Florida does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Florida does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Florida does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Florida does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Florida does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Florida does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Florida does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Florida does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Florida does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Florida does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Florida does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Florida does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Florida does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Anastasia Is, FL ( 0.00 mi. )
- Anastasia Island, FL ( 0.00 mi. )
- Saint Augustine Beach, FL ( 0.00 mi. )
- St Aug Beach, FL ( 0.00 mi. )
- St Augustine, FL ( 0.00 mi. )
- St Augustine Beach, FL ( 0.00 mi. )
- Crescent Beach, FL ( 3.51 mi. )
- Elkton, FL ( 9.94 mi. )
- Armstrong, FL ( 11.36 mi. )
- Hastings, FL ( 15.10 mi. )
- Palm Coast, FL ( 16.92 mi. )
- Beverly Beach, FL ( 19.63 mi. )
- East Palatka, FL ( 22.35 mi. )
- Bostwick, FL ( 22.60 mi. )
- Flagler Beach, FL ( 22.91 mi. )
- San Mateo, FL ( 22.98 mi. )
- Pnte Vdra Bch, FL ( 23.06 mi. )
- Nocatee, FL ( 23.14 mi. )
- Bunnell, FL ( 25.44 mi. )
- Tn Of Nocatee, FL ( 25.84 mi. )
- Town Of Nocatee, FL ( 25.84 mi. )
- Palatka, FL ( 26.30 mi. )
- Saint Johns, FL ( 27.26 mi. )
- Julington Creek, FL ( 27.26 mi. )
- Julington Crk, FL ( 27.26 mi. )
- St Johns, FL ( 27.26 mi. )
- Pomona Park, FL ( 27.93 mi. )
- Lake Como, FL ( 27.94 mi. )
- Crescent City, FL ( 28.46 mi. )
- Satsuma, FL ( 28.52 mi. )
- Green Cove Springs, FL ( 28.95 mi. )
- Fruit Cove, FL ( 30.44 mi. )
- Green Cv Spgs, FL ( 30.73 mi. )
- Switzerland, FL ( 30.74 mi. )
- Ponte Vedra, FL ( 31.48 mi. )
- Welaka, FL ( 32.03 mi. )
- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL ( 32.38 mi. )
- Seville, FL ( 34.24 mi. )
- Fleming Island, FL ( 34.73 mi. )
- Ormond Beach, FL ( 34.82 mi. )
- Fleming Isle, FL ( 34.94 mi. )
- Orange Pk, FL ( 34.94 mi. )
- Hollister, FL ( 35.01 mi. )
- Jacksonville Beach, FL ( 35.23 mi. )
- Georgetown, FL ( 35.36 mi. )
- Jax Beach, FL ( 35.52 mi. )
- Penney Farms, FL ( 35.67 mi. )
- Florahome, FL ( 37.53 mi. )
- Orange Park, FL ( 37.68 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 32080, 32084, 32085, 32086, 32092, 32095 (6 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 17.7 ft.
Area Code(s): 904