Moore Haven's Livability
About Moore Haven, FL
Moore Haven, FL is located in Glades County in the state of Florida.
The total City Population for Moore Haven is about 2,124 with about 834 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $96,147, which is roughly 62% lower than the Average Home Value of $255,473 for the state of Florida, and roughly 56% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $36,534, which is roughly 43% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $64,192 for the state of Florida, and roughly 44% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.43
Male Population Estimate: 51.6%
Female Population Estimate: 48.4%
Median Age: 43.1
Male Median Age: 40.7
Female Median Age: 45.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Moore Haven specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Glades County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Glades County: About 233.543 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Glades County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 19% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Moore Haven is about 8.4%.
Florida is ranked #32 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 36.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 30.13
The average living wage for the state of Florida is $32.28/hr, while the states minimum wage is $8.65/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Florida a minimum wage score of 25.7 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.98/hr, which gives Florida a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 75.11 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Florida is $173.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.4 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Florida does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Florida does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Florida does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Florida does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Florida does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Florida does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Florida does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Florida does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Florida does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Florida does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Florida does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Florida does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Florida does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Florida does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Florida does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Florida does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Florida does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Florida does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Clewiston, FL ( 11.25 mi. )
- Palmdale, FL ( 15.46 mi. )
- Ft Denaud, FL ( 20.17 mi. )
- La Belle, FL ( 20.17 mi. )
- Lake Harbor, FL ( 20.53 mi. )
- Venus, FL ( 22.64 mi. )
- LaBelle, FL ( 23.04 mi. )
- South Bay, FL ( 25.36 mi. )
- Pahokee, FL ( 26.90 mi. )
- Fort Denaud, FL ( 27.02 mi. )
- Belle Glade, FL ( 28.43 mi. )
- Felda, FL ( 29.07 mi. )
- Canal Point, FL ( 29.40 mi. )
- Bryant, FL ( 29.72 mi. )
- Okeechobee, FL ( 32.63 mi. )
- Alva, FL ( 33.53 mi. )
- Immokalee, FL ( 34.67 mi. )
- Lehigh, FL ( 35.51 mi. )
- Babcock Ranch, FL ( 35.68 mi. )
- Lake Placid, FL ( 36.52 mi. )
- Lehigh Acres, FL ( 36.68 mi. )
- Basinger, FL ( 39.44 mi. )
- Indiantown, FL ( 39.95 mi. )
- Ave Maria, FL ( 41.16 mi. )
- Loxahatchee, FL ( 41.26 mi. )
- City Of Westlake, FL ( 41.26 mi. )
- LOX, FL ( 41.26 mi. )
- Lxhtchee Grvs, FL ( 41.26 mi. )
- Buckingham, FL ( 41.33 mi. )
- Miromar Lakes, FL ( 41.49 mi. )
- Leehigh, FL ( 42.54 mi. )
- Leehigh Acres, FL ( 42.54 mi. )
- Yeehaw, FL ( 42.84 mi. )
- Lorida, FL ( 43.16 mi. )
- Tice, FL ( 45.61 mi. )
- North Ft Myers, FL ( 46.62 mi. )
- North Fort Myers, FL ( 46.85 mi. )
- Fort Myers, FL ( 47.50 mi. )
- Florida Gulf Coast Univ, FL ( 49.04 mi. )
- S Fort Myers, FL ( 49.34 mi. )
- E Fort Myers, FL ( 49.36 mi. )
- Sebring, FL ( 49.47 mi. )
- Westlake, FL ( 49.61 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 33471
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 24.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 863