About Dagsboro, DE
Dagsboro, DE is located in Sussex County in the state of Delaware.
The total City Population for Dagsboro is about 1,087 with about 275 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $265,150, which is roughly 7% lower than the Average Home Value of $283,723 for the state of Delaware, and roughly 18% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $56,029, which is roughly 23% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $73,230 for the state of Delaware, and roughly 14% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.43
Male Population Estimate: 45.7%
Female Population Estimate: 54.3%
Median Age: 50.1
Male Median Age: 47.9
Female Median Age: 49.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Dagsboro specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Sussex County: About 2.46401 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Sussex County: About 406.141 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Sussex County is about 38% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 29% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Dagsboro is about 5.6%.
Delaware is ranked #24 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 47.92 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 32.3
The average living wage for the state of Delaware is $33.85/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Delaware a minimum wage score of 28.45 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.23/hr, which gives Delaware a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 2.17 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Delaware is $209.13, resulting in a UI benefit score of 35.42 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Delaware does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Delaware does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Delaware does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Delaware does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Delaware does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Delaware does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Delaware does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Delaware does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Delaware does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Delaware does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Delaware does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Delaware does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Delaware does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Delaware does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Delaware does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Delaware does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Delaware does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Delaware does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Frankford, DE ( 1.82 mi. )
- Millsboro, DE ( 4.52 mi. )
- Clarksville, DE ( 5.30 mi. )
- Selbyville, DE ( 6.04 mi. )
- Millville, DE ( 6.38 mi. )
- West Fenwick, DE ( 6.81 mi. )
- Long Neck, DE ( 7.17 mi. )
- Bishopville, MD ( 7.51 mi. )
- Ocean View, DE ( 7.99 mi. )
- Oceanview, DE ( 8.06 mi. )
- Bishop, MD ( 8.30 mi. )
- S Bethany, DE ( 9.56 mi. )
- Bethany Beach, DE ( 9.72 mi. )
- South Bethany, DE ( 10.31 mi. )
- Showell, MD ( 10.37 mi. )
- Whaleyville, MD ( 11.07 mi. )
- Fenwick Is, DE ( 11.18 mi. )
- Fenwick Isle, DE ( 11.18 mi. )
- Fenwick Island, DE ( 11.93 mi. )
- Willards, MD ( 12.02 mi. )
- Dewey Bch, DE ( 12.09 mi. )
- Rehoboth, DE ( 12.09 mi. )
- Rehoboth Bch, DE ( 12.09 mi. )
- Ocean Pines, MD ( 12.30 mi. )
- Georgetown, DE ( 12.49 mi. )
- Harbeson, DE ( 12.51 mi. )
- Lewes Beach, DE ( 13.22 mi. )
- North Ocean City, MD ( 13.44 mi. )
- Pittsville, MD ( 13.68 mi. )
- Ocean City, MD ( 13.82 mi. )
- Dewey Beach, DE ( 13.85 mi. )
- Nassau, DE ( 14.56 mi. )
- Rehoboth Beach, DE ( 14.67 mi. )
- Berlin, MD ( 14.95 mi. )
- West Ocean City, MD ( 15.56 mi. )
- Ocean Pnes, MD ( 16.03 mi. )
- Milton, DE ( 16.17 mi. )
- Parsonsburg, MD ( 16.26 mi. )
- Powellville, MD ( 16.49 mi. )
- Lewes, DE ( 16.88 mi. )
- Laurel, DE ( 17.52 mi. )
- Delmar, DE ( 17.64 mi. )
- Delmar, MD ( 18.67 mi. )
- Newark, MD ( 18.78 mi. )
- Blades, DE ( 20.20 mi. )
- Bethel, DE ( 20.25 mi. )
- Ellendale, DE ( 20.63 mi. )
- Seaford, DE ( 21.06 mi. )
- Salisbury, MD ( 21.86 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 19939
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 14.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 302