Lords Point's Livability
About Lords Point, CT
Lords Point, CT is located in New London County in the state of Connecticut.
The total City Population for Lords Point is about 5,399 with about 434 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $403,400, which is roughly 15% higher than the Average Home Value of $343,304 for the state of Connecticut, and roughly 46% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $95,260, which is roughly 3% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $97,865 for the state of Connecticut, and roughly 32% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.24
Male Population Estimate: 49%
Female Population Estimate: 51%
Median Age: 49.6
Male Median Age: 49.2
Female Median Age: 50.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Lords Point specifically.
Average # of Homicides for New London County: About 2.01004 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for New London County: About 283.159 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
New London County is about 49% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 2% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Connecticut is ranked #8 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 76.79 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.97
The average living wage for the state of Connecticut is $34.13/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Connecticut a minimum wage score of 69.14 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $6.38/hr, which gives Connecticut a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 39.63 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Connecticut is $270.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 69.33 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Connecticut does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Connecticut does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Connecticut does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Connecticut does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Connecticut does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Connecticut does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Connecticut does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Connecticut does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Connecticut does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Connecticut does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Connecticut does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Connecticut does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Connecticut does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Connecticut does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Connecticut does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Connecticut does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Connecticut does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Connecticut does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Mystic, CT ( 2.00 mi. )
- Stonington, CT ( 2.89 mi. )
- West Mystic, CT ( 3.03 mi. )
- Shawondassee, CT ( 3.12 mi. )
- Masons Island, CT ( 3.52 mi. )
- Noank, CT ( 3.67 mi. )
- Watch Hill, RI ( 4.30 mi. )
- Groton Long Point, CT ( 4.49 mi. )
- Old Mystic, CT ( 4.54 mi. )
- Poquonock Bridge, CT ( 4.70 mi. )
- Pawcatuck, CT ( 4.95 mi. )
- Fishers Isle, NY ( 5.27 mi. )
- Misquamicut, RI ( 5.51 mi. )
- Groton, CT ( 5.55 mi. )
- Fishers Island, NY ( 5.58 mi. )
- Borough, CT ( 5.98 mi. )
- Jupiter Point, CT ( 5.98 mi. )
- Center Groton, CT ( 6.18 mi. )
- Westerly, RI ( 7.36 mi. )
- Ledyard, CT ( 8.56 mi. )
- New London, CT ( 9.14 mi. )
- Mashantucket, CT ( 9.21 mi. )
- Ft Trumbull, CT ( 9.29 mi. )
- United States Coast Guard, CT ( 9.29 mi. )
- US Coast Guard Acad, CT ( 9.29 mi. )
- N Stonington, CT ( 9.47 mi. )
- Naval Submarine Base, CT ( 9.53 mi. )
- Navsub Base, CT ( 9.53 mi. )
- Sub Base New London, CT ( 9.53 mi. )
- Submarine Base, CT ( 9.53 mi. )
- North Stonington, CT ( 9.62 mi. )
- Ashaway, RI ( 9.63 mi. )
- Bradford, RI ( 9.83 mi. )
- Gales Ferry, CT ( 10.11 mi. )
- Quaker Hill, CT ( 10.38 mi. )
- Uncasville, CT ( 11.66 mi. )
- Waterford, CT ( 11.70 mi. )
- Poquetanuck, CT ( 11.94 mi. )
- Jordan Village, CT ( 12.18 mi. )
- Millstone, CT ( 12.54 mi. )
- Hopkinton, RI ( 13.30 mi. )
- Preston, CT ( 13.43 mi. )
- Niantic, CT ( 13.92 mi. )
- Charlestown, RI ( 13.96 mi. )
- Wood River Junction, RI ( 14.56 mi. )
- Wood River Jt, RI ( 14.56 mi. )
- Montville, CT ( 14.82 mi. )
- Oakdale, CT ( 14.94 mi. )
- Glasgo, CT ( 15.32 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 06378
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 146.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 860