Thousand Oaks' Livability
About Thousand Oaks, CA
Thousand Oaks, CA is located in Ventura County in the state of California.
The total City Population for Thousand Oaks is about 127,274 with about 892 people per square mile, and the larger Metro Area Population is about 211,045.
The Average Home Value is $793,472, which is roughly 37% higher than the Average Home Value of $503,143 for the state of California, and roughly 76% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $113,942, which is roughly 37% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $71,294 for the state of California, and roughly 50% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.14
Male Population Estimate: 49.2%
Female Population Estimate: 50.8%
Median Age: 44.4
Male Median Age: 32.8
Female Median Age: 34.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Thousand Oaks specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Ventura County: About 3.45277 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Ventura County: About 240.49 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Ventura County is about 13% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 16% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Thousand Oaks is about 4.4%.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Newbury Park, CA ( 2.01 mi. )
- Westlake Vlg, CA ( 2.66 mi. )
- Lake Sherwood, CA ( 3.97 mi. )
- Santa Rosa Valley, CA ( 4.05 mi. )
- Westlake Village, CA ( 4.85 mi. )
- Santa Rosa Va, CA ( 5.89 mi. )
- Oak Park, CA ( 6.22 mi. )
- Moorpark, CA ( 6.54 mi. )
- Dos Vientos Ranch, CA ( 6.67 mi. )
- Agoura Hills, CA ( 7.12 mi. )
- Agoura, CA ( 7.22 mi. )
- Calabasas Hills, CA ( 7.22 mi. )
- Calabasas Hls, CA ( 7.22 mi. )
- Saratoga Hills, CA ( 7.22 mi. )
- Saratoga Hls, CA ( 7.22 mi. )
- Cornell, CA ( 7.70 mi. )
- Somis, CA ( 8.67 mi. )
- Simi Valley, CA ( 8.89 mi. )
- Camarillo, CA ( 9.20 mi. )
- Brandeis, CA ( 9.34 mi. )
- Farmers Insurance, CA ( 10.11 mi. )
- Bell Canyon, CA ( 10.80 mi. )
- West Hills, CA ( 11.25 mi. )
- Malibu, CA ( 11.88 mi. )
- Calabasas, CA ( 12.38 mi. )
- Hidden Hills, CA ( 12.40 mi. )
- Santa Susana, CA ( 12.93 mi. )
- Woodland Hls, CA ( 13.00 mi. )
- Monte Nido, CA ( 13.21 mi. )
- Pepperdine University, CA ( 14.03 mi. )
- Box Canyon, CA ( 14.23 mi. )
- Fillmore, CA ( 14.52 mi. )
- Point Mugu Nawc, CA ( 14.60 mi. )
- Piru, CA ( 15.43 mi. )
- Santa Paula, CA ( 15.63 mi. )
- Canoga Park, CA ( 15.66 mi. )
- Woodland Hills, CA ( 15.98 mi. )
- Naval Base Ventura County, CA ( 16.23 mi. )
- Pt Mugu Nawc, CA ( 16.23 mi. )
- Saticoy, CA ( 16.62 mi. )
- Topanga, CA ( 16.78 mi. )
- Pierce College, CA ( 16.91 mi. )
- Winnetka, CA ( 17.20 mi. )
- Chatsworth, CA ( 17.27 mi. )
- Oxnard, CA ( 17.47 mi. )
- Northridge, CA ( 18.68 mi. )
- Port Hueneme, CA ( 18.85 mi. )
- Tarzana, CA ( 18.98 mi. )
- Port Hueneme CBC Base, CA ( 19.06 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 91319, 91320, 91358, 91359, 91360, 91361, 91362 (7 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1074.4 ft.
Area Code(s): 805, 818, 820