S San Francisco's Livability
About S San Francisco, CA
S San Francisco, CA is located in San Mateo County in the state of California.
The total City Population for S San Francisco is about 63,975 with about 6,185 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $785,200, which is roughly 36% higher than the Average Home Value of $503,143 for the state of California, and roughly 76% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $96,927, which is roughly 26% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $71,294 for the state of California, and roughly 41% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 3.01
Male Population Estimate: 49.4%
Female Population Estimate: 50.6%
Median Age: 38.1
Male Median Age: 36.5
Female Median Age: 39.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of S San Francisco specifically.
Average # of Homicides for San Mateo County: About 1.96504 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for San Mateo County: About 209.112 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
San Mateo County is about 50% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 27% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for S San Francisco is about 2.7%.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- S San Fran, CA ( 0.00 mi. )
- SSF, CA ( 0.00 mi. )
- South San Francisco, CA ( 0.34 mi. )
- South San Francis, CA ( 0.94 mi. )
- Colma, CA ( 2.08 mi. )
- San Bruno, CA ( 2.27 mi. )
- Brisbane, CA ( 2.51 mi. )
- Daly City, CA ( 3.16 mi. )
- Broadmoor Vlg, CA ( 3.16 mi. )
- Millbrae, CA ( 4.19 mi. )
- Pacifica, CA ( 4.40 mi. )
- Sharp Park, CA ( 4.40 mi. )
- Burlingame, CA ( 5.85 mi. )
- San Francisco, CA ( 6.87 mi. )
- Hillsborough, CA ( 7.79 mi. )
- First Interstate Bank, CA ( 8.11 mi. )
- Pacific Gas And Electric, CA ( 8.11 mi. )
- Uc San Francisco, CA ( 8.11 mi. )
- Union Bank Of California, CA ( 8.11 mi. )
- Montara, CA ( 8.46 mi. )
- Postal Data Center, CA ( 8.47 mi. )
- San Mateo, CA ( 9.49 mi. )
- Baywood Park, CA ( 9.94 mi. )
- Presidio, CA ( 10.01 mi. )
- El Granada, CA ( 10.24 mi. )
- Moss Beach, CA ( 10.59 mi. )
- Foster City, CA ( 11.14 mi. )
- Alameda Pt, CA ( 11.24 mi. )
- Alameda, CA ( 11.37 mi. )
- Belmont, CA ( 12.07 mi. )
- Princeton By The Sea, CA ( 12.78 mi. )
- Half Moon Bay, CA ( 13.10 mi. )
- Blue Cross, CA ( 13.14 mi. )
- Ebmud, CA ( 13.14 mi. )
- Kaiser Services, CA ( 13.14 mi. )
- Oakland Intrntl Service Ctr, CA ( 13.14 mi. )
- Safeway Stores, CA ( 13.14 mi. )
- Philatelic Center, CA ( 13.44 mi. )
- San Carlos, CA ( 13.92 mi. )
- Emeryville, CA ( 14.33 mi. )
- Sausalito, CA ( 14.35 mi. )
- Oakland, CA ( 14.53 mi. )
- San Leandro, CA ( 14.79 mi. )
- Palomar Park, CA ( 14.95 mi. )
- Belvedere, CA ( 15.07 mi. )
- Redwood City, CA ( 15.24 mi. )
- Piedmont, CA ( 15.50 mi. )
- Marin City, CA ( 15.53 mi. )
- Tiburon, CA ( 15.87 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 94080
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 68.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 650