Philatelic Center's Livability
About Philatelic Center, CA
Philatelic Center, CA is located in Alameda County in the state of California.
The total City Population for Philatelic Center is about 14,389 with about 16,829 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $576,000, which is roughly 13% higher than the Average Home Value of $503,143 for the state of California, and roughly 67% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $51,006, which is roughly 28% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $71,294 for the state of California, and roughly 11% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.65
Male Population Estimate: 52%
Female Population Estimate: 48%
Median Age: 40.2
Male Median Age: 40.8
Female Median Age: 39.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Philatelic Center specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Alameda County: About 5.97717 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Alameda County: About 628.782 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Alameda County is about 34% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 54% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Philatelic Center is about 6.2%.
California is ranked #4 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 84.2 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 66.74
The average living wage for the state of California is $40.83/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives California a minimum wage score of 51.89 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $13.00/hr, which gives California a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for California is $260.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 39.13 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ California does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ California does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ California does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ California does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ California does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ California does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X California does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ California does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ California does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X California does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ California does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ California does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ California does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ California does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ California does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ California does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ California does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ California does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Blue Cross, CA ( 0.32 mi. )
- Ebmud, CA ( 0.32 mi. )
- Kaiser Services, CA ( 0.32 mi. )
- Oakland Intrntl Service Ctr, CA ( 0.32 mi. )
- Safeway Stores, CA ( 0.32 mi. )
- Piedmont, CA ( 2.25 mi. )
- Emeryville, CA ( 2.47 mi. )
- Alameda Pt, CA ( 2.50 mi. )
- Alameda, CA ( 2.90 mi. )
- Oakland, CA ( 3.05 mi. )
- Berkeley, CA ( 4.40 mi. )
- UC Berkeley, CA ( 4.60 mi. )
- Canyon, CA ( 4.63 mi. )
- Albany, CA ( 5.89 mi. )
- Kensington, CA ( 6.91 mi. )
- Orinda, CA ( 6.93 mi. )
- El Cerrito, CA ( 7.89 mi. )
- Moraga, CA ( 8.27 mi. )
- First Interstate Bank, CA ( 8.56 mi. )
- Pacific Gas And Electric, CA ( 8.56 mi. )
- Uc San Francisco, CA ( 8.56 mi. )
- Union Bank Of California, CA ( 8.56 mi. )
- San Leandro, CA ( 9.14 mi. )
- Lafayette, CA ( 9.93 mi. )
- Richmond, CA ( 10.35 mi. )
- San Francisco, CA ( 10.35 mi. )
- Presidio, CA ( 10.85 mi. )
- Brisbane, CA ( 11.00 mi. )
- San Pablo, CA ( 11.40 mi. )
- Belvedere, CA ( 11.72 mi. )
- San Lorenzo, CA ( 11.89 mi. )
- Belvedere Tiburon, CA ( 11.92 mi. )
- Bel Tiburon, CA ( 11.92 mi. )
- Tiburon, CA ( 11.93 mi. )
- N Richmond, CA ( 12.00 mi. )
- Point Richmond, CA ( 12.00 mi. )
- Pt Richmond, CA ( 12.00 mi. )
- North Richmond, CA ( 12.12 mi. )
- Hilltop Mall, CA ( 12.35 mi. )
- Pinole, CA ( 12.76 mi. )
- Sausalito, CA ( 12.77 mi. )
- Briones, CA ( 13.02 mi. )
- South San Francis, CA ( 13.06 mi. )
- Tara Hills, CA ( 13.09 mi. )
- Castro Valley, CA ( 13.14 mi. )
- S San Fran, CA ( 13.44 mi. )
- S San Francisco, CA ( 13.44 mi. )
- SSF, CA ( 13.44 mi. )
- South San Francisco, CA ( 13.54 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 94612
TimeZone: Pacific (GMT -08:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 17.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 341, 415, 510, 925